Thread: 20A Ferry/Stampede Trail

Default 20A Ferry/Stampede Trail

I'm interested in registering for the 20A antlerless hunt and was looking at the Rex/Ferry and Stampede trails for access. Is the Rex/Ferry Trail drivable, it looks like a road in the Gazetteer?

When can I expect reasonable snofall to use snowmachines to accessthe area? Any idea about hunting pressure in this area? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Haven't been in there yet but the Rex is very wet this year. A report I got from a friend said it took them 12hrs to go 20 miles because of the mud. They actually sank a ATV till only the handlebars were sticking out. akraven

Default Ferry

The Ferry Trail is driveable if you can get across the Nenana River. That sub unit of 20A is an archery only Reg hunt this year. Can't help with the snowfall info.

Even in the dry years, the Rex has ben pretty muddy. I haven't been up there for a few years, but It ain't ever been "driveable" past 7 mile lake that I know of, exept maybe when it's all frozen over.

Default Thanks

Appreciate the insight. I'm interested in the antlerless hunt and didn't know the trail conditions. I've driven partially down the Stampede Trail but I haven't ventured down Rex/Ferry.

Tim