Thread: Chocolate Lab needs new home

Default Chocolate Lab needs new home

Please contact Michelle if you're interested in "Captain". --Karen

I have a 6 mo. old male chocolate AKC Lab that I am looking for a GOOD home for. He is sweet and loves kids but I am unable to give him the attention he needs while my husband is deployed. So we have decided to give him to someone that will love, cherish and give him the training he needs. If you have any ideas on how to do this or know of someone interested in providing a loving family for Captain, please email me.

Thank you,
    Michelle Lanfear
    michellelanfear@yahoo.com

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

the wife says maybe i sent you an email

vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Here are a couple photos of Captain:

Michelle said he loves to retrieve, knows sit & sometimes stay, vaccinations are up-to-date, and is pretty much housebroken. He's from White Country Kennels in Palmer. Please contact her if you're interested.

Karen Wilson

Ahhh....a silver lab. Very few of these in this state. For those that don't know ...a silver colorization is still a registered chocolate color according to AKC. The silver trait is affiliated with some chocolate lines due to breeding.
    I've only had three or four of these show up at my kennel. I didn't even know there was a place breeding silvers here in Alaska. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetland Retrievers View Post
    Ahhh....a silver lab. Very few of these in this state. For those that don't know ...a silver colorization is still a registered chocolate color according to AKC. The silver trait is affiliated with some chocolate lines due to breeding.
    I've only had three or four of these show up at my kennel. I didn't even know there was a place breeding silvers here in Alaska. Hmmm.
    I would have bet on a Weimaraner if you hadn't said silver lab.

Default one handsom lab

I love silver labs. I already have choco chocolate lab and do not have the room for another dog but If I did I would drive to Fairbanks today to get this dog.
    you should not have a hard time getting rid of it.

I have a beautiful 7 year old choc. at 140 pounds. He is the most well behaved dog that I have ever owned. He's great with everybody that come's around, and love's kids. My one problem with him is he turns my blue carpet brown. ( I thiught it was supposed to be the other way around, " You turn my brown eyes blue") E.S.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

wife wants to see the pup if you still have him... sent you a pm..thanks
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Wetland Retrievers View Post

Kind of interesting how those "silver labs" showed up in certain kennels...

I agree. The silver characteristic isn't a favored trait within the labrador retrievers "standard" breeding. It use to be rare. But like you say....some individuals have gone out of there way to purchase breeding lines that will produce this gene that will allow for the different color. Kinda the same thinking that produces those almost white colored labs as well. Keep breeding yellow to yellow and the darker yellow gene will eventually bleach itself out.
    I personally still prefer the standard colors. Yet, white and silver labs are gaining in popularity.

Baron, the breeder is located down your way, so you will probably be seeing lots more of them.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

First of all, to clarify things -- I posted this pup as a "courtesy" to the owner & do not have him. Also, this morning I got an email saying Captain is in a new home on a trial basis.

There are a couple breeders in southcentral specializing in "silver" Labs & at least one breeder states they are rare. AKC doesn't recognize the color, but I've seen a couple that look a lot more like Weimaraners than Labs -- not just in color either. The 2 breeders that I know of advertise pups in the Anchorage & Fairbanks newspapers.

Karen

Hey 3 CBR's, do your breed chessies? I will need another one in 2 or 3 years, my lab is 12 and my chessie is 8, so I am starting the process of finding a new pup for the near future.

yukon,

Not very often -- have only had one litter & that was over 9 years ago. I did have Scooter bred last Jan., but it didn't work. They would've been nice, well bred pups too. Have 4 chessies now, but they're 8 months, 9 years, and 2 almost 14 years old. Send me a PM if you need some help looking for a pup though.

Karen Wilson

My chessie is from Lakeshore Kennels in WS, she is from "Rocket". Great tempered dog, but she had to have a total hip replacement at 3 1/2. I know there are some great breeders in the Lower 48, I was thinking of getting one of Butch's dogs out of Northern Flight, but he has very limited breedings. I have heard of some good Alaska dogs but haven't yet talked to anyone that breeds them.

Quote Originally Posted by 3CBRS View Post
    There are a couple breeders in southcentral specializing in "silver" Labs & at least one breeder states they are rare. AKC doesn't recognize the color, but I've seen a couple that look a lot more like Weimaraners than Labs -- not just in color either.
    Karen
    I've done a little research after listening to a few of my dads rants on silver labs, chocolate labs, and Weimaraners. You can probably imagine how those go. haha. My dad has been out of the dog game for a while now, but he still knows what he's talking about...

Did he tell you he picked up a yellow female this fall? Last time I was home I thought she was the devil reborn, but if he actually spends the time to train her she should be unstoppable. Feel free to call and make fun of him for going yellow though.

-Eric

Default Careful there lab man

I'll teach that yellow heathen to pee on your bed! With you in it too !
    Love DAD,

Oh, Kelly and I took her out on the river in front of the house and used the starting pistol for the first time in over 2 months. Holy Guacamole can that dog run. 6 months old tomorrow and she is really fast!! And marks well too.

OOOHHHH September, I can't wait! And yes, Mr. Man got to play also.