Thread: Dm 427

Default Dm 427

Went to the orientation class tonight. Lots of folks turned out and looks like it will be a busy hunt. Lots of good info. Some things have changed in the years past. Unit numbers, units, and now muzzleloaders hunt too, but taken away some our units for their own use and safety reasons. Which is fine, totally understand and would not be a happy hunter myself if my hunt kept getting closed and had 0% moose taken.

Sounded like a lot of new permit winners, a good number of repeat hunters like myself. Everybody seemed nice and excited and ready this bow hunt.

Looks like a couple units this will be getting hit hard from the sounds of it. Lots of moose reported all over the all the units though. One officer had pics on his camera of some bulls he seen around.

Looks and sounds like it will be a good season out there. Good batch of hunters and the wildlife officers were full of good info. Goodluck all.

What units look like they will be "hit hard"?

I am on the slope right now and I will be back in time for the class on the 13th. Man i cant wait.

I would bet that TA429 and TA425 would get hammered by hunters since those are the easiest areas to access, other than northpost of course.

Plwilli, I'll send ya pm.

North post has a lot of muzzleloader areas now for our hunt. I think a couple spots on south post more for bows for sure on south. A good number for bows on north post too.

Good news is the snow is driving them down and they are seeing lots all over. Some guys who have hunted before will be going back to their spots they know and that have produced, one guy has killed three different moose on north post. Not everybody will be in one spot, but there will be a lot of people still in a couple spots.

Will be interesting to see how many guys take of work to hunt opening day. I will have a good amount of time off around christmas throught he new years and few days after if need be.

Default What are the hours for hunting on Ft. Rich

I think I heard 11pm is the latest and not sure how early is considered to early. I always remember going in before daylight. The paper work from the orientation class doesn't say, or not that I have found. Anybody from the previous hunts know?

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    I think I heard 11pm is the latest and not sure how early is considered to early. I always remember going in before daylight. The paper work from the orientation class doesn't say, or not that I have found. Anybody from the previous hunts know?
    I am going to the class tomorrow, i will ask and let you know.