Thread: Hot Tank Blueing

Default Hot Tank Blueing

Anybody out there know where I can get a rifle hot tank blued in Fairbanks or Anchorage? I've got a vz-24 with a new surplus 7X57 FN barrel on it that just looks so nice I can't bring myself to paint it.

I believe Andy Hawk in Anchorage is set up for hot tank bluing.

With some of the stuff on the market today you could do a pretty fair job yourself.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

WWG in Anchorage does hot blue. I didnt notice any tanks at Andy's place the last time I was over there, but I would sure use his services if at all possible. Give him a call at 907-562-0881
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Thanks Guys, After looking at WWG's web site, I think I'm gonna try "blue wonder" and see how it turns out. I've only got about $175 total into this rifle, so it'll be hard to justify spending 300 getting it blued. Anybody tried "blue wonder" and if so how did it work?