Thread: Canon - PowerShot 9.0-Megapixel Digital Camera?

Default Canon - PowerShot 9.0-Megapixel Digital Camera?

Anyone using one?
    My Casio died so I have credit at Best Buy (it was the extended warranty) & this is one of the cameras in my price range.
    I use them for everything from kids events & Christmas to hunting pics. Mostly outdoors though.
    Not really looking for a lot of suggestions on different cameras (thanks anyway), just user impression on these.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

all the reviews seem pretty good...

have you seen this ... to big?
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1212192673855

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Thumbs up Canon

I have the 8MP Power Shot A630 and really like it. Great images and pretty good features overall. It seems to run forever on 4 rechargeable NiMH AA batteries. No complaints from me over about 3 years owning it.

My wife has one of the Canon compact versions, though I don't recall the model. It works well also, my only complaint on that one being the unique battery. But it does hold a charge for a long time. Just annoying when it runs low and you must put the battery in the wall charger for several hours. Can't do a quick fix in the field.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Thanks guys.

Went ahead & ordered the Canon. A friend will pick it up in ANC tomorrow.

Ret25yo, I did look at that Fugi, but didn't like the weight or size. The Canon is smaller with the same size sensor, almost as many mp, & a letter better focal lengths, so I figure it will do the job as well just with maybe a few less bells & whistles. Hope I'm right!
    Actually the Canon borders on "too big" for my taste. I like something that can stay in the shirt pocket hunting or CC sking so it's always there & easy. Otherwise I just don't take pics. At the same time, I want the high optical zoom so I can get good telephoto shots in the woods... Always tradeoffs.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Wife has a 10mp Powershot.. Great little camera.

The face recognition feature is actually very useful.

2 thumbs up!

late post, sorry

I have a 7.1 mp powershot - think it's the sd1000 digital elph

it has been an awesome camera and I've got lots of photos that are way to good for such a little camera (purely by accident too!)

we bought my wife a panasonic of similar specs and it's horid by comparison - colors, focus, speed, etc

only complaint is low light conditions when I've turned the flash off, but I understand that's an issue all around? (maybe something with adjustable shutter speed would help that?)

does have a special battery but also does last forever...buy a second and be even more sure