Thread: Slow day on the salt.

Jacksonville, Florida

Default Slow day on the salt.

Headed out again yesterday for some scoters. We tried setting up in the open water and used my pirogues as a layout boat. We had a nice surf scoter drake come into the spread while we were setting out the longlines, but after we finished setting up things were really slow. We ended the morning with a couple white wing scoter hens, an immature surf scoter drake, a couple barrows golden eye, one bufflehead, and the two old squaw drakes pictured above. Not a banner day, but for a day with a complete lack of wind and waves I couldn't complain. Hopefully we'll get some more windy weather before the weeks over so that we can get on a few more mallard shoots. I'll be grilling some mallards tonight if any of you can make it!!

Default nice

well i just love reading about your hunts everyday brings me back to alaska and not in this hell hole of a country of iraq. i rally am thinking about trying my luck at sea ducks when i get back from here late next year what is the best time to do so. is there a migration that you need to hit or is there birds around all the time. well tahnks again for the updates and good luck the rest of the week.

Eagle River

Ring King-All I can say is that I wish I was there with you! I've never had the chance to get after them sea ducks. I love the pics you post keep them coming.