Thread: ADFG BOG Meetings, Upcoming meetings

Default ADFG BOG Meetings, Upcoming meetings

Got this info from ABA fourm. Thought I pass it on.

Please be aware that the meetings of the ADFG BOG are upcoming and there are several changes that we should all be interested in.

The fall meeting is in Wrangell on November 10-15th.

They are looking at making changes in the Nelchina Caribou herd hunts.

Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    ...The fall meeting is in Wrangell on November 10-15th.

They are looking at making changes in the Nelchina Caribou herd hunts.
    Does anyone know if the "super exclusive" plan is on the table?

Mark

Default No Comment?

Just in case you folks don't know about the "super exclusive" plan, here's something for your review............

Default Looks good to me

I would vote for it in an instant. Still may be wrought with problems however as more folks thinking they will be gaurenteed a tag will go to the super exclusive area to hunt causing a crowding problem.

Gooch

Default R.u.g.

I don't believe I'll be able to attend this meeting... but there is any discussion about updates to current or future hunting regulations I think it would behoove the state to put some type of blurp in there about hunting on the Pipeline (specifically Alyeska property).
    Alyeska requires people who are 'trespassing' to secure a Right-of-Way User's Guide (free permit) to use the pipeline for hunting, hiking, photography, etc.

Default Super Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Does anyone know if the "super exclusive" plan is on the table?

2 months ago on a flight from JNU I sat next to some big shot from Fish and Game. He said the they were going to take up the 'Super Exclusive' topic again this fall, and thought it would go through. I say go for it.

I have the meeting booklet for this up coming Nov. meeting. It does not show anything about the Nelchina hunt. The meeting is being held in Wrangell as they(the BoG) will be considering proposals for the SE region.
    I think any discussion of Nelchina and anything with "super exclusive" issues will be considered at the Anch. BoG meeting in Mar. 07.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Mark

I'm not sure why we need to go to this "super exclusive" plan. The reason we're in Tier II is because of Alaska Supreme Court decisions, and so Tier II is "legal". There are still court challenges on how it is scored and interpreted, but if the Board goes for a totally new concept like this, we can be sure the Supreme Court will eventually decide whether or not it will stand.

The only other problem I have with it is the lack of allowance for your GMU/Sub-GMU of residence.

I live in GMU 14A. For all of you living in a GMU other than 13, imagine your feelings when a legal moose steps into your yard and dances about while you're legally locked in to hunting GMU 13 only. If the Board were to allow hunting in the GMU of residency as well as GMU 13, that potential problem would be alleviated.

Also, does this include bear hunting? Trapping? Small game? Are you locked into GMU 13 for all hunting, or just ungulates?

Does such a concept include deer? For example, deer don't exist in GMU 13. If I fail to get caribou/moose meat in the super-exclusive area, am I prohibited from deer hunting elsewhere later in the year?