Thread: running Tok river (jet boat) ???

Default running Tok river (jet boat) ???

anyone ever jet boat up the Tok river, (put in off the Glenn Hwy) or ever know someone who has? It seems to be a fairly swift little river. Thanks Harry

Last time I went up the Tok, I drove my pickup 20 miles up
    Crossed the river a number of times along the way, then we made a left up the dry Tok another 12 or more miles over Gilllette pass almost to the head of the Slana.
    The trail up the Tok did continue past where we turned, but cannot say how far you could go in a land vehicle.
    All depends on water levels, if the water comes up, its not feasible to drive, and I have heard it can come up quick.
    Depending how far you wanted to go, I think Pick-up then maybe wheelers from there. Once you get to a point that you can no longer drive I doubt there would be enuf water to run a boat in.
    Last edited by Akgramps; 03-21-2010 at 22:56.

Thats a great rig! Built like a tank eh

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    Thats a great rig! Built like a tank eh
    Yeah, its a great old truck, I call it my "Time Machine"
    If you dont have time, dont get in it.............!!!!!LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AKbowhunter View Post
    anyone ever jet boat up the Tok river, (put in off the Glenn Hwy) or ever know someone who has? It seems to be a fairly swift little river. Thanks Harry
    Well, somebody does. Every time I go to the Tok River Campground there are people jet boating up and down it at all hours of the night and day. I don't know what they are doing. But it has been a common occurance over the several times that I have stayed there. Somebody surely will chime in.

thanks, sounds do able. i was flown into there once, (probably about 25 miles up from the hwy) shindata creek

Default Tok River

The Tok River crosses the AK highway and then the Cutoff. The Tok River campground is runnable, but not sure how far. Probably enough to get yourself to the Tanana and back. The Tok River on the Cut off, I haven't heard of anyone doing it with a boat. I am sure you can do it a ways, but if the weather is dry and cool, the water is low and the river braids. Good luck either way.