Thread: shop manuals for 2004 Polaris Switchback

Default shop manuals for 2004 Polaris Switchback

I am fairly new to snowmachine and own a 2004 Polaris Switchback. It started riding flat and bottoming out last season. Some tole me it was the front suspension shock. So I started pulling or trying to pull it apart last night. Finally got the shock out after talking to the service guy at Eagle River Arctic Cat / Polaris. He told me it would be easier to pull the suspension. Well I don't know how so I pulled the shock from under the machine. So I would like to learn more about snowmachines, so I need a shop manual. Anyone know where to find one.

Default Book

http://www.polarisindustries.com/veh...ACHEHINT=Guest try this where i got mine from. It from Polaris Inc. Web Might have to sign in I down loaded mine pfd format Hope this helps.

Default Some Help

Thanks, it does help some. It gave me a parts manual. I just need to figure out how to take it a part.

Should be four bolts that hold the track and suspension up into the tub,At least mine were,Loosen the track ajustment bolts count the turns so they can go back with the same amount of tension. Start on the back two bolts just above running board. then the front two, raise machine way up into air and pull the slide rail and everything out at once,replace what is needed, return back into tub, I did get the shock out without this but i couldn,t fit the new back in without tear it down, let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    I did get the shock out without this but i couldn,t fit the new back in without tear it down, let us know how it goes.
    Yeah, got mine out. Now to see if I can get it back in when I get the new one.

Default Lost

Ok, I take the shock in today and I am told that isn't my problem. My problem is that it is a 144 in track. I told him it rode nice and smooth the first 2 1/2 years and now I have no suspension. So I am being told I need to pull the suspension and bring it in so they can rebuild the front and rear shock plus change out the springs and it may help a little but my problem is still the 144 inch.

Hum.. Don,t get the 144, part? Mine is 156x20in, widetrack. I changed both shocks put back together, Mine seems to be getting softer over the yr,s Or I,m just getting fatter, Springs do lose a little of there bounce after while They also come different thickness for stiffer ride,I had a bent front shock the big one would,nt go in or out Kept breaking the carrage til i fig it out.

Tri City Polaris sells a rising rate block for Edge suspension springs. Get one! The front shock spring rate is adjustable. Dial it up. Consider some compression adjustable gas shocks. Be aware the adding fat-boy springs will probably reveal the weakness of your stock shocks' rebound dampening.

Your rear suspension should be set as soft as possible to only bottom occasionally. Stiffer than that defeats the purpose. When the big bang is unavoidable, anticipate it and stand up. That'll get your weight forward and help the suspension, too.

Default Returning the suspension...

I've always taken bailing wire and compressed all the suspension parts to reinstall in the track. Once in and bolted together you can cut the bailing wire. Made the job much easier for me. I haven't done this on a Polaris, just Arctic Cat but I would think that the theory would work on Polaris or any other sled for that matter.

Here's the Edge spring block kit I was talking about. These things work.

http://www.tricityperformance.net/es...T_EDGE-RMK.htm