Thread: Light weight rifle stocks redux

Default Light weight rifle stocks redux

Posted a while back Re. a light weight stock for my Rem LSS 24" barrel in .280. After a bunch of looking around, i figured the way to go is get a replacement stock for a Remington Alaska Ti in.280. Both have 24" barrels, the Alaska Ti uses a Bell and Carlson stock and comes with a Limbsaver pad. I was quoted $350 with shipping, which seems like a pretty good price to me. According to Rem., it should drop right in

Don't order! That's WAY too high!

You can usually pick them up MUCH cheaper than that as a take-off item on the various shooting forums. Guys will buy the rifle, put a different stock on it, and sell the "take-off" stock. I've seen lots of them sell for less than $200, in as-new condition.

There are other on-line vendors that sell them cheaper than that, as well.......

If you want a BDL-style Ti stock, check out these guys. They're $228.

If you want an ADL-style Ti stock, try these guys. They want $223. You might have to open the barrel channel a little with this one, though. It's the original-style Ti stock with the mtn rifle barrel channel. Or, you could give them a call and tell what you want. They drop ship them right from B&C, so you might be able to order them with a different barrel channel.

Hey, thanks for the heads up!
    It seemed like a good price, but i haven't ordered it yet. I'll check those links out.

I picked up a BDL stock from the above link. I love it and the price was right. I had a Remington synthetic stock on the BDL DM from the factory and the new stock weighs about 1/2 pound less. I plan on putting the old stock on ebay to offset some of the cost for the new one.

Default Exchange!

Had a look at both those sites, and with shipping and exchange, it comes out to ~$330.00 Canadian. For the extra $20.00, i would rather support my local firearms dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Yukoner View Post
    ~$330.00 Canadian.
    Ah! Canadian price. Makes sense now.

Man, i'm glad i bought my Wooldridge in Anchorage last spring when we were at par. It hurts now