Thread: Permit Hunts Dec 6

Default Permit Hunts Dec 6

Just a reminder to apply for winter draw hunts by the end of the week. Sure will be nice to have the all the permit hunts done in the winter in the near future.

It does sneak up on us, don't it? What have you heard about all permit applications being accomplished in the winter? I have advocated for many years and think it would be great. Is it now going to be so? Define "near future". Thanks
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    It does sneak up on us, don't it? What have you heard about all permit applications being accomplished in the winter? I have advocated for many years and think it would be great. Is it now going to be so? Define "near future". Thanks
    As of next year they're moving to one application date. If I recall correctly it'll be mid-winter (not necessarily November) and the application period will be open for a longer time slot.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    As of next year they're moving to one application date. If I recall correctly it'll be mid-winter (not necessarily November) and the application period will be open for a longer time slot.
    Thanks. Hopefully, it won't remain open so long that it will still leave too little time for planning purposes.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Good luck everybody!

Hope we all get the sheep/moose/bear/Goat tag that we have been dreaming of!

Default One draw

I haven't missed the ending dates for the draw permits, but I did get screwed up one year after applying for 3 winter draw moose permits, not drawing anything and then applied for another in spring. What a sick feeling when you find out you were never in the running.
    I really like the idea of all winter draw with a longer application period. Much more time to plan.