Thread: Get Cash Back

Forum Sponsor

Default Get Cash Back

Ebay has teamed up with Microsoft to get you cash back.
    We sell on ebay under two names...
    gr8fuldoug1 and cameraland
    Here's how to save with Microsoft Cashback:
    1. Search for an item on www.live.com.
    2. Click the sponsored ad with the Microsoft cashback symbol You'll be taken to eBay.com.
    3. Make sure the item is Buy It Now and pay thru PayPal. If the item is eligible,
    you'll see a cashback notice on the "commit to buy" page. it's that simple
    Happy Holidays
    Technical data on this program:
    Cashback Program
    The Microsoft Live Search Cashback Program provides cashback for up to 12 qualifying purchases per account on www.ebay.com. The amount of cashback will be determined by eBay, specified at the time of checkout on the "purchase review page" and equal to a percentage of the sale price (excluding shipping and handling fees, insurance fees and other such fees) ("Cashback Rewards"). The maximum amount of Cashback Rewards per qualifying purchase is $200.00 USD. In addition, all Cashback Rewards (including Cashback Rewards earned in connection with purchases made on websites other than www.eBay.com) are subject to the annual $2,500.00 per person cap set forth in the Program Terms.

Eligibility
    You are eligible to participate in the Cashback Program as long as you: (a) are at least 18 years of age and reside in the United States, (b) have a confirmed US eBay.com account in good standing, (c) have a verified US PayPal account in good standing, (d) have a Microsoft Cashback Program Account in good standing; and (e) comply with the eBay Terms and the Program Terms. In order for your accounts to be in good standing, they must not be limited or suspended.

Qualifying Purchase
    To make a qualifying purchase, you must do all of the following:
    Search for an eBay.com item on www.live.com
    Click on an eBay.com sponsored advertisement on www.live.com that has the cashback icon a gold circle with a dollar sign, next to the advertisement. When you click on the advertisement, you will begin an online session. Sponsored advertisements typically appear at the top or along the right hand side of the page of a www.live.com search results page in a shaded or colored area of the page.

Purchase an eligible eBay.com Buy-It-Now item using PayPal within 60 minutes of the time you began the online session. Cashback Rewards will apply only to the first eligible item you commit to buy during an online session. You may make only one qualifying purchase per online session.
    To make additional qualifying purchases, you must repeat each of these steps including initiating a new search on www.live.com.
    Receiving Cashback Rewards
    After your first eligible purchase is completed, you must go to My Messages on eBay.com and look for a message from eBay with "cashback" in the subject line. Click the "Get Cashback" link or button in the message to set up a Cashback Program account with Microsoft by providing all information required by Microsoft (or, if you already have a Cashback Program account, log into your account in order to associate your eBay purchases with that account).
    Once you have created a Cashback Program account and have logged in to associate your eBay purchases with your account as described above, the Cashback Rewards will be available in your Cashback Program account approximately sixty (60) days after you pay for your qualifying purchase. PayPal in its discretion may decide to pay your Cashback Rewards more quickly on a case by case basis. Cashback rewards are issued to the PayPal account you used to make the qualifying purchase on eBay.com.
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Thanks for the heads up!!

So, it doesn't look like you know what it is until you go to checkout??

Default 30% or $200 max.

It will show the amount during checkout but it is set at 30% of the total minus tax and shipping to a maximum of $200 per item.

It is good on any "Buy It Now" on Ebay but make certain you sign up for everything - www.live.com, the cashback program on live, ebay, and paypay BEFORE you start your purchase.

Also note that you only can buy one item per session and you must buy within 60 minutes after checking in to Ebay through the LIVE search - it doesn't work if you go to EBay by any other method!

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Thanks for the heads up!!

So, it doesn't look like you know what it is until you go to checkout??
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Cash Back Program is Gone on eBay

It was an amazing deal if you caught it early--Wednesday morning it was 30%, that evening 25%, Thursday it was 20% and Friday morning for a short while it was still 20%, then it disappeared.

Thanks a lot for the heads-up--I got $240 cash back into PayPal, and got a bunch of my holiday shopping taken care of.

Enjoy the weekend! It's nice and warm here in Eagle River tonight.

Forum Sponsor

Glad we could assist. That's what we're here for.
    Stay warm and Happy holidays
    If there is anything I can answer for you or assist you with please let me know.
    Thanks and have a great day,
    Doug
    Camera Land
    1-866-9-optics
    1-516-217-1000
    gr8fuldoug@aol.com

Default eBay Rebate returns at 8%--at least for now

I checked the live.com search again, and found that the rebate program has reappeared, at a level of 8% cash rebate. That is a significant savings if you are purchasing an expensive item.
    Regards to all,
    Jim