Thread: PWS Crab Season

Default PWS Crab Season

Anyone having any success crabbing in PWS?

Default No luck

We tried near Montague Island while deer hunting and caught two small ones that we sent back. Our goal was deer so we honestly didn't try for crabs too hard and with limited bait.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default Spearfishing video

Thanks, Tim. BTW, I watched the spearfishing video last night and really enjoyed it.

Default Crabbing

Wolfeel,

Thanks! I hope to get at least a few good episodes completed for the first season. Maybe we'll have more money to work with next season.

Crabbing...I remember as a kid we'd run our seiner around PWS out of Valdez and just nail the crabs and have an all night feast...but...I see in the time I've been gone times have changed. Seriously...on the deer trip crabbing was an after thought and we didn't have the right bait or the amount we needed. Soaked overnight and all we saw was two small onesThey were sent back to grow bigger. But after it being closed 10 years its a start.

Tim

TD, I saw a clip of you guys fishin on that episode with deer hunting aswell but didnt see if you caught anything, was wondering if you had any luck and if so whatd ya catch?+

Tanner/snowcrab I believe...but they were small and were tossed back. Again...we didn't focus on setting crab pots as much as deer hunting so our trip is not a good gauge for success.