Thread: alumaweld

Default alumaweld

Looking at getting my first power boat. The one I'm looking at is a Alumaweld Formula vee 19' with a 150 Yamaha on it. I will be running it mostly on Lake Louise since the wife and I bought five acres on it. My question is what do you experienced guys think? good boat? good engine? good for that lake? Just a little nervous laying down a lot of money but ready for the good times

Are you planning on moving building materials with it or just recreation? Are you going with a jet, prop, or both?

I think you will have a blast with that boat and depending on how it is set up it will open up a good bit of other waterways for you as well. If you are going to trailer it a good bit which I imagine you will be then you may want to see if they have any trailer upgrades and what the dealer recommends regarding that.

Default alumaweld

I'm probably going to look into freizen to build us a cabin so mostly recreational. the boat has a prop on it and the 8hp kicker has a prop also. off the top of your head what waterways do you think I could hit any rivers?

Fozz how about the ocean i've personally rode in this boat you talk of numerous times in cook inlet, seward, and out in p.w.s it's a great boat and the previous owner was very well knowledged of this boat and took real good care of it. As for river's I would run it down to deshka on a high water day no problem as for other river's not sure I have no run any other rivers. As for lake lousie you shouldn't have a problem as long as you watch your depths. Any other questions about the boat or river's feel free to ask as I am not the owner of the boat I have just fished out of it numerous times

Default alumaweld

06tributeman what do you think about the motor? I cant seem to get anybody to look at it.(cant do yamahas or wrong time of year and deweys has been closed since wendsday afternoon till this tuesday). I'm taking it to a place tomorrow to do a compression test and a few other things I cant remember. Like some of the other places wrong time of year to start it too much water everywere bla bla bla. My uncle said if good compression should be good to go so....

fozz that motor has never had a problem and it has never been over reved and always ran at or near the prime rpm for fuel consumtion I always tried to get him to push it a little more to get there a little faster but always stayed at the 22-24mph range for best fuel consumption I don't think you will have a problem with the motor. we took that boat out to pony cove numerous times with not even a shudder in the motor let alone the kicker doesn't have alot of time on it I think it's a good buy.