View Poll Results: Do you have Trip/Rescue Insurance?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have it and it's a good idea!

8 23.53%
  • I don't have it but I should and it's a good idea.

14 41.18%
  • I don't have it and don't need it!

11 32.35%
  • Waste of money!

1 2.94%

Thread: Trip/rescue insurance?

Default Trip/rescue insurance?

This question was asked but getting buried in another thead so I thought that it might be a good idea to start a new one. I know that it has been discussed in different ways before but I think that it might be time to do it again and maybe a little differently. If you have it or had it please share the info of who you purchased it through and what it costs.

I figured I didn't need it as I'm 100% through the VA on medical. Now I'm rethinking and what if its not medical but just stranded or somehow lost.It just might be a good idea even for me.

Default with who

two of you stated that you had the insurance. It would be appreciated if you would share the info on who its with and whats it costing you and if you have contact info. Maybe some of those voting that they dont' have it but should would get their butts in gear for the comming up season.

Default come on

We have had 6 tell us that they have insurance and none have shared any info on who with and what it cost. Not sure why If you notice there are quite a few that stated that they don't have it but should, your info might help someone get it and you could actually help save a life or a giant bill. Please share your info and stories reguarding the insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    We have had 6 tell us that they have insurance and none have shared any info on who with and what it cost.
    I have it for Aug. 2009, paid $564 for total coverage of $19,000 for three of us (son under age 16 is free using Sportsman's Travel Insurance). I don't really expect Deltana to do a belly-up the way the Tuttulik folks did this year, but I'm a tad nervous about airlines lately and I paid extra for the rider covering us if my employer suddenly decides not to let me have the time off - a small but real possibility and I'd be doubly p*ss*d if that left me out big $ as well as missing the trip. The daily allowance for weather delays for us or equipment may well be a nice bonus, too.

The SPOT messenger comes with an insurance option. I didn't buy it since I am a boater and the USCG doesn't charge for their services, but it might be good for some circumstances.

The best part is the price. $7.99 with SPOT subscription for the first year and $150/year afterwards.

http://www.geosalliance.com/sar/

"Provides up to $100,000 USD of additional search and rescue resources, including helicopter extraction around the world and reimbursement benefits for any emergency service expenses incurred"