Thread: Where to get an AR

Default Where to get an AR

So, I have wanted an AR for a few years now and will finally be able to afford one in the next few weeks. I have shot many in the past but as a young guy could never afford one until recently. I would prefer to get a DPMS AP4. However I realize that now they are getting rather scarce. I live around Anchorage, and was hoping you guys might know where they are stockpiled (I could only hope), or if you know where to get one. Thanks for any info.

Good luck with that one. Best bet is to get on the phone and start calling every place in town. Whats there is going to be very limited. Next, get online and start calling them to see what they have. Good luck and let us know if you score....

depends on what you want to pay. I know 762 precision had a colt LE for 1800 and I have seen a few here and there in town. They are getting expensive.. 762 sold a Olympic Arms for 675 last week or the week before and he was trying to get another in and sell it for the same price.

Gun Runners had DPMS lowers I think, could build your own.

Swing by AK tactical on muldoon. Steve usually has alot on hand. I havent been in there in a while so I would call first.

I was in and spoke with steve ~2 weeks ago. He was very slim on what he had. Only things coming in were high dollar CMMG and POF gas piston models. Definitely give him a shout. He did mention that he could build a DPMS sportacle style rifle with parts on hand. Its been a while, so hit him up....

Best bet is to get on the phone and start calling every place in town.
    Actually the best way is to walk in to your favorite shop and plunk down a deposit. That way, about 16 of my folks got guns last week, ranging from M1As to CMMGs to LWRCs to Olys.

The distribs are seeing 1-10 military style semi autos a week. They are allocated to the biggest salesmen who allocate to their biggest customers. Get your dealer to reserve one.

PS $1800 for a 6920 is silly.

907 big boy toys has two DPMS NIB for 1100 each..

PS $1800 for a 6920 is silly
    Its not too far off for what they are going for on the net. 762 seems to be one of the only legit guys in town. It is really silly how almost every dealer is gouging up here. Havent seen too many honest ones that havent raised prices and trying to stick it to the consumer since the election, well S/W hasnt raised prices.

I walked into one of the shops that sponsor this site and they were talking about how the PE should be off'd. I will not go back to that place again, and yes they are gouging like a big dog...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=7&f=21

Get a screen name and be fast about replying...

- Clint
    /_|o[____]o
    [1---L-OllllllO-
    ()_)()_)==)_)

Default Online

Quote Originally Posted by nategr View Post
    907 big boy toys has two DPMS NIB for 1100 each..
    He has a couple more which he did not list. I took his 375 H&H Alaskan Guide off him this morning.
    Try Gunbroker and JG Sales online. Mine is ready to pick up Monday and I got it on Gunbroker. Paid retail but not bad for whats going on at the moment
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Don't order one. There are still folks on Gun Broker selling them for retail that have them in stock. For a small FFL transfer fee you can have it here in 3-5 days. DPMS has a 350,000 + rifle backorder, RRA is now saying possibly up to 12 months to fill new orders, and the story is the same about everywhere. There is a guy on Gun Broker out of Georgia with a bunch of RRAs he must have pre-ordered taking a gamble on the election results and he is selling at fair retail prices and ships quickly. JUST MAKE SURE no matter who you buy from on Gun Broker that you get EMAIL confirmation that they have the item in stock prior to buying. There are a lot of dirt bags selling items that they "anticipate" receiving but in this environment, who knows. Good luck.

It is really silly how almost every dealer is gouging up here.
    Really? LOL.....

How about Colt 6450s at the same price as two years ago...in stock

And more 6920s inbound...

And not even close to $1800...

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Montana Bob View Post
    He has a couple more which he did not list. I took his 375 H&H Alaskan Guide off him this morning.
    Try Gunbroker and JG Sales online. Mine is ready to pick up Monday and I got it on Gunbroker. Paid retail but not bad for whats going on at the moment

AAhh almost called him last night to get that 375. I just couldnt justify it. Thought it was at a great price but have a few projects that I need to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Really? LOL.....

How about Colt 6450s at the same price as two years ago...in stock

And more 6920s inbound...

And not even close to $1800...
    Well then I apologize Wild, I just seen them on broker for 15-1700. PM where your store is at and I will come by.

Nate

Default AR-15 advice

Hey thanks all of you for your posts and I will be looking in on them. Once again thank you.