Thread: .50 cal centerfire

Default .50 cal centerfire

any one know how easy it is to come by a .50 cal center fire? New or used if so what price range? moving up there in spring, Thanks
    quakercrazy@msn.com

Default 50 cal

You'll have to be a lot more specific than that to get a proper answer. What kind of 50 cal a Glock, Desert Eagle, AR-15, Barrett ?
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default guessing

Must want it for bear medicine, a bit of overkill

Default The rifle round BMG

Thanks for the reply, I need if for self defense. I understand its over kill but I dont think the government will alow us to buy them in the near future. I am looking for a single shot rifle, not the pistol round. I am a competitive shooter. can any one tell me how easy they are to come by and what should i expect to pay? Thanks, quakercrazy

Self defence against what, low flying planes I have to say if you want it for defense there are a whole lot of better choices but hey if you want one you want one. They are easy to come by, new start at about 2500 I think for the grizzly models. Once again if it is for bear defence, It is a very poor choice as they are very heavy, slow and one shot. Now if you want to defend a moutain top it would work. Sorry but i'm just picturing trying to get a bmg into play while a bear charges,

If you've only got one egg to put in your self-defense basket, it might as well weigh 700 grains...

I know some company just make an upper that fits onto an ar that fires 50 bmg. for the life of me i cant remember who tho. supposed to start at 1200 i think and doesnt count as a weapon (since its an upper)

wouldnt mind getting one myself...

[quote=GreenTea;379375]If you've only got one egg to put in your self-defense basket, it might as well weigh 700 grains...[/quote
    Would love to get a 50 just for the fun of it but for defense, There are hundreds of weapons that are a much better choice. Hell, I could probably put 3 or 4 rounds down range with a plane jane pump by the time the BMG came into play.

All it takes is money. You can definitly find them up here.

Stolen from related thread elsewhere....

There are a few different .50 uppers here's the links.
    www.watsonweapons.com Watson's
    http://www.50bmg.net/index.html ALRS
    www.ferret50.com Ferret
    www.mmag.biz MMAG
    www.ultramag50.com UM50

Hope that helps...

Another route to go for a 50 cal centerfire is the various 50 cal "elephant guns". I had my 500 Jeffrey deep throated so I can run 50 bmg bullets as a single shot. 3/4 the velocity burning 1/2 the powder, and in an 11# rifle.

I'm planning on picking up one of the UltraMag 50's. It's the only one I've found to have the 5 round magazine, rather than a single shot. It should suffice until I can afford a Barrett.