Thread: .22 Magnum?

Default .22 Magnum?

Will a Ruger 10/22 LR shoot .22 magnum cartridges? If not, are there any other .22 semi-auto magnums out there?

Tim

No it won't. There is a 10/22 Magnum (No longer in production). Remington Model 597 is made in 22WM. Magnum Research and Volquartson both make a 22WM that is a copy of the Ruger. Nothing is cheap though the Remington is the cheapest option for something new. There are several older rifles in 22WM, I think HK,CZ, Marlin, Johnson and probably several more. Me dream gun is a 10/22 Magnum but I will probably end up buying the Remington 597. Good luck.

The .22 mag is not cheap to shoot either...

I just bought 4 boxes the other day at SW for $13.99 ea. (box of 50). The cheapest I have found is around $10 for cheap FMJs. The ones I got were the Hornady V-max ballistic tips I plan on shooting 100 yds + with. (30gr/2200fps)

Hot little round and should work well on Coyote sized critters on down. I've killed a lot of small game with it over the years and it really puts the hurt on them. Pretty much decapitates a grouse or hare.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

For all you 22 mag lovers, next time you buy some ammo try the Remingtons 33 grain. I have never found anything more accurate than these.
    Tennessee