Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice fishing

Default Ice fishing

Just wondering if anyone would point me in a good direction as were to start fishing. I would like to take the kids out after pike or Char. I have had them out to mirror lake a few times and also finger lake.
    They want a chance to catch something bigger. I want to keep them interested in fishing so I was looking for advice on where fishing might be 3-6 fish a day with a possabilty of a 15+ inch fish.

I live in anchorage and willing to travel. I have a Atv 4x4 to get stuff in and out if needed.

Mabey even cabin rentals if near by.

Thanks guys
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

lake louise has lodging and BIG fish. i dont think theres too much snow yet so you might be able to use the 4 wheeler there. call lake louise lodge or wolverine lodge to get current conditions. Big lake is closer and has big fish but i got skunked there yesterday

If you are willing to drive I am going out to a lake down here in soldotna that you get 30-40 fish a day in the 14-18 in range with the chance of pulling a silver out pm if you want to go tommorow it's my only day off

Default I'm on the slope until the 5th

That soldotna lake sounds fun.
    You wouldn't mind P'm me with what lake it is would you??

Question

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    That soldotna lake sounds fun.
    You wouldn't mind P'm me with what lake it is would you??
    Better yet. Share it with the forum. I think this is they type of thing most come here to read about.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Ditto that. What lake in Soldotna are we talking about? There's enough fish to go around!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Better yet. Share it with the forum. I think this is they type of thing most come here to read about.
    The only problem with posting on an open forum is most of Los Anchorage will be there next weekend. I don't know about you but I like peace and quiet not a zoo. In this case if one wants to share this kind of info PM's are the correct way to go. Remember there are many lurkers that do not give back to the forum, only use it for current fishing info.

We caught a few pike and some 15-18" rainbows from Memory Lake last weekend. I think that would be a pretty good place to go.

Default Carpenter Lake

Carpenter Lake In the valley has always been a good producer for ice fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    The only problem with posting on an open forum is most of Los Anchorage will be there next weekend. I don't know about you but I like peace and quiet not a zoo. In this case if one wants to share this kind of info PM's are the correct way to go. Remember there are many lurkers that do not give back to the forum, only use it for current fishing info.
    Then what are you doing on this site????

Right now, I'd either be going to Finger Lake or Christiansen Lake....both have huge populations of 'bows and land-lock salmon.

Default Ummm

The only problem with posting on an open forum is most of Los Anchorage will be there next weekend.
    Careful. We don't make fun of you living in Canada
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    LOS ANCHORAGE

thats a valley and chugiak phrase not a canadian phrase. only reason i ever go to anchorage is to visit my mom or go to work if thats where my work happens to be at the moment. heck even sportsmans warehouse in the valley is more convenient for me from eagle river. not sure if its closer but i can get there faster and way less trauma involved .
    Last edited by akriverrat; 11-30-2008 at 13:34. Reason: added words

I would be careful with a wheeler after this last dump of snow. If you have oversized mud tires, you may do OK. It is almost snowmachine depth at my home in Los Anchorage. My buddy in the valley got alot more snow. Call Tree at Wolverine Lodge to check snow depth on Lake Louise. I would bet that it is too deep for a wheeler. If you go, carry a saw, ax, winch and survival gear. File a trip plan with someone that you trust.

Good luck,
    Mike

P.S. Check PM.

Dude, have you ever lived in LA?

I have.....trust me, this is no LA by any means (not even when folks are packed on Russian when the reds are in!)

On this site, you give a little and take a little. Otherwise, you're no better than those "Lurkers" you claim to be hiding out on this site.

The original "I know of a lake..." statement should've been in a PM to the original poster ...Doing so would've fixed all the discussion and it's done all the time. We all know what it means. Someone is sharing private information ...and that's OK.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    I picked that one up from you Alaskans. Heck you could probably count the number of Canucks that know that nickname for Anchorage on one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by akriverrat View Post
    LOS ANCHORAGE

thats a valley and chugiak phrase not a Canadian phrase. only reason i ever go to anchorage is to visit my mom or go to work if thats where my work happens to be at the moment. heck even sportsmans warehouse in the valley is more convenient for me from eagle river. not sure if its closer but i can get there faster and way less trauma involved .
    Yep, that's where I picked it up.

Drifter_016,

No worries. I was just yanking your chain anywayI had to live in Los Angeles for 12 years...Anchorage is a village compared to that but I get the point. I luv Canada...I kept a $5 dollar bill from my last trip through and now its worth $10
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default Thanks

So I have had no info on Ice depth post so Im gooing to jack my own thread!

ICE Thickness anyone??? Looking for valley and anchorage.

Thanks

Last time I was at big lake it was about a foot deep. Keppler Bradley lakes are anywhere from 10 inches to 12 inches. Plenty of ice.

12 to 14 inches on flat lake friday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast