Thread: lodges

Default lodges

im looking for a lodge to take my wife to for the weekend we love going to kenny creek but looking for something new does anybody have sugestions

Default lodges

http://www.alpinecreeklodge.com/index.html

I have not been here but in looking at their site, it could be and interesting place to go visit. My wife and I would like to plan a trip later in the season. We spend a fair amount of time on the Denali so will be just another place to explore.

Try googling Bentalit lodge, i've been wanting to ride there myself with the wife and another couple. I heard the lodge was for sale but according to the Anchorage Snowmobile Club's website it appears that it is still in business.

Northwoods Lodge on Fish Creek just upstream of Lake Creek on the Yentna is a great place run by great people. Friendly is their trademark, and that's not always the case with some lodges. Shell Lake Lodge is another favorite.

You might think about one of the Yentna poker runs that use the area lodges as card dealers. Good fun and a good way to visit the lodges in the area. Its best to make a weekend of it and stay at one of the stops.

Mr Pid, how far of a ride is it to those 2 lodges?

Northwoods is about as far from Big Lake or the Deshka Landing as Skwentna Roadhouse. That should be about 65 miles from the Landing or 80 from Big Lake. Shell Lake has to be about 20 miles past that. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.) With the wife or kid along I'd stop at Luce's for a break and then head to Northwoods or Skwentna. Another break and off to Shell via the Shell Lake trail or up the old Iditarod and across One Stone Lake. I like the One Stone route but don't know the mileage.

Cool, thanks for the info, we're always looking for new places to ride and for weekend trips.

A note on Alpine Creek Lodge.

I was just there this weekend with the owner, DenaliHunter. It's not quite ready for winter guests. Next year definitely, but not this year unless you're interested in a basic cabin and carrying all your own food and cooking supplies.
    It's a gorgeous location and almost exactly half way between Cantwell and Paxon. I will say that when it's finished it will be a fantastic snowmachine destination.

The Denali Highway is a great winter trail. If you're up to a 90ish mile run then park at the orange "No Winter Maintenance" sign and head to Maclaren Lodge. A nice variety of riding right from the lodge--trails, hills, glaciers and the river. If it's clear? Amazing!
    Alan and Susie are great hosts. They have basic rooms, nice rooms, cabins, and the food is good. Gas is about $6.00 a gallon so carry extra.

www.maclarenlodge.com

Also try Eureka Lodge, The Point Lodge on Lake Louise, Susitna Lodge in Talkeetna, and Gate Creek in P-Ville

Since were talking lodges, if you ever plan on riding Lost Lake or Cooper lake, stay at the Alaska Heavenly Lodge in Cooper Landing. We've stayed there many times and it is so nice to have a warm place to hang out after a long day of riding. They have a huge Viking stove and a gas grill outside for cooking, nice big fireplace to hang out next too and have a cold beer or glass of wine. Plenty of rooms in the lodge too, you could probably get 5-7 couples in it. There's a rec room next door with a big flat screen, pool table, Jacuzzi and another flat screen downstairs. It has cost us $50 each per night but that's on non-holidays. When there is enough snow, you can ride right from the lodge all the way to Cooper Lake and then over to Lost Lake.

Default Alpine Creek Lodge

Just to follow up on the above, we are nearly ready to open, and we may open later this winter if we see enough interest. I sure would like to open it up! We will absolutely be fullly open on June 1st of next year, and then right on through the winters. We had a great weekend up there. The ride in was blast. We stopped in Maclaren River Lodge for lunch and a beer, and there were machines parked everywhere! It was cool and exciting to see so many riders in there. If you want to go Maclaren, it's 90 miles or so from Cantwell, or you can drive to Paxton, and it's only a 42 mile ride into Maclaren.

It's a really nice ride into there, as it's easy to see the Denali Highway for riding on.

Good Luck in your travels! I doubt you could go wrong wherever you went!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com