Thread: Lynx Lake pike

Default Lynx Lake pike

We are going out to Lynx lake tommorow and hoping to get some nice northerns. Will post pictures. Looks like a good time to be out on the ice.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Try the the inlet next to the bible camp. The weedbed there is full if pike. You can usually pick up some healthy ones cruising the canal by the bridge also. Good luck

Always had the best luck in the cove that leads into Echo ponds....

'Luck.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

where's Lynx Lake? Just wondering if it the one in Nancy Lake area... Thanks

Yes it is in the Nancy Lake State Park 5th lake back on the Tananna canoe trail. You can access the lake via the canoe trail or Lynx lake road just north of Houston. I have caught decent Pike in Tananna, Ardaw, Milo and Lynx. I am pretty sure all the lakes in the system have a large number of these fish.

Default thanks

I thought that was it, I was gonna take my snow machine out tommorrow and head up that way. I have not fished Lynx much in fact only caught fish there in the summer. I was headed to Red Shirt but might swing out to Lynx. Does that road take you all the way to the lake? Might save some gas by not having to ride the lakes over from the parkway. And someone mentioned a bridge? Never seen one, thanks for any info.

The road does go all the way back to the lake but there is a gate in the way. Can't remember if there is a sign saying no motorized vehicles or not. In the summer I have caught some nicer sized pike in the slough under the bridge.

Well we caught 2 pike and they were small. I fished this lake 3 times in 3 different places and never caught more than 2 pike and they have never been very big. I will have pics in a little while. It was fun though, guess i will just have to try it more often.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Anybody have any good news about the snow conditions around there? Or is it going to dirty like most other places? We are planning on sledding in to lynx lake and red shirt to do some fishin two weekends from now.. See if we can't rip some lips like last time at redshirt.

Default Nancy Lake Snow report

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/asp/curevnts.htm

AREA SNOWMOBILE
    STATUS
    NEW
    SNOW
    (last 2 weeks)
    AVG.
    SNOW
    DEPTH
    Comments
    Cross Country
    Ski Trails CLOSED 1”-2” 16”
    Rhein Lake Trail work almost done. Parkway and Jano
    Pond loops will be groomed for the weekend. Trail open to
    skiers, OK conditions even with low snow depth
    Lake Ice OPEN 1”-2” 12”-14”
    In excess of 20”, minimal overflow present. Some lakes have
    springs that will open the ice periodically. Be cautious of
    creeks flowing into and out of lakes as the ice will be thinner
    or may have overflow
    Canoe Trail OPEN 1”-2” 12”-14” Always remain on established trails due to marginal snow
    depth to protect upland and wetland vegetation.
    Butterfly Lake Access OPEN 1”-2” 12”-14” Always remain on established trails due to marginal snow
    Year Round Trails OPEN 1”-2” 12”-14” Always remain on established trails due to marginal snow
    Red Shirt Winter Trail OPEN 1”-2” 12”-14”
    Trail is bumpy. Always remain on established trails due to
    marginal snow depth to protect upland and wetland
    vegetation.
    Chicken Lake/East
    Red Shirt Lake Trail OPEN 1”-2” 12”-14” Chicken Lake Trail work not completed, East Red Shirt
    Lake Trail is bumpy but in good shape
    Public Use Cabin
    Access OPEN 1”-2” 12”-14” Always remain on established trails due to marginal snow
    West Rolly Lake
    Motorized corridor OPEN 1”-2” 16” Always remain on established trails due to marginal snow
    Average snow depth recorded is uncompressed.
    Snowmobile openings are based on depth measurements, snow/water equivalency (snow density), packed snow base,
    safe ice conditions for public safety and for the protection of park resources.
    Best