Thread: Another day in the bag.

Default Another day in the bag.

I finished up working on the Boston Whaler this morning and needed to take it out for a spin to make sure my fiberglass work would hold. I put out one long line and a four pack of cork harli decoys. I ended up with my first old squaw drakes ever. Both of them were big ones!!

Nice work and congrats on the Oldsquaw. They sure are beautiful birds.

You must love livin in cordova. Anyway, congrats.

Default Very Nice!

Thanks for posting this! I used to be a dyed-in-the-wool waterfowler back in a forgotten era (pre-Alaska days), and I sure miss it. Dad used to own a duck club on a place in California called "Bradford Island", and one of my brothers managed the Westwind club on Grizzly Island. But it's been a long time. At one time dad was trying to collect a pair of every species that flew the Pacific Flyway, but he never made it happen. He lives in Kamiah, Idaho now. He would have loved to hunt the seaducks...

Thanks again- you don't need my encouragement to enjoy yourself out there, but I will be thinking of you.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I never got a chance to hunt around Bradford Island, but I did get to hunt Grizzly Island. The Coast Guard school that I attended was in Petaluma, Ca. I spent a lot of time chasing the ducks around NorCal while I was there! That's a place that every waterfowler should visit in their lifetime!!

Default Outstanding!

Matt,

Sure wish I would have been there with ya! Nice looking birds. Thanks again for the hunt...Maybe we'll do it again someday, some other water.

-Jay-