Thread: Barneys Pack arrives!

Default Barneys Pack arrives!

It was an early Christmas today when the postman pulled in and beeped his horn. I knew the large box was from Barneys Chalet. It looks really nice with a lot of buckles, zippers, storage and a great frame. I got the Hunters Special Edition in "grizzly kevlar". Am looking forward to a few hikes to feel the weight and get acclimated to it. Too bad hunting season is about over - its a long time til next year! Keep the Barney gear stories coming!

Congrats!!

Could you please tell us about this " special edition grizzly kevlar" Is this a new color or something? Thanks, Ken

One benefit of buying from the store is that they adjust the pack to fit your back and hips. It's important. Get some advice on how to go about it and take the time to adjust the suspension to fit you. It makes a big difference.

Default Kevlar material

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Engel View Post
    Could you please tell us about this " special edition grizzly kevlar" Is this a new color or something? Thanks, Ken
    Bob said this material had a higher tear strength and is lighter than cordura. The material is dark brown with white stitching running throughout about 1/4" apart at a 90* angle. This pack has 6800 cubic inch capacity, one size smaller than the Pinnacle, I believe which is 7800 cu. inch.

The one thing I wish that Bob would work on is the waist strap adjustments. All the adjustments are there but it sure would be nice if he went to a Gregory style waist belt adjustment.

Default Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by knikhunter View Post
    Bob said this material had a higher tear strength and is lighter than cordura. The material is dark brown with white stitching running throughout about 1/4" apart at a 90* angle. This pack has 6800 cubic inch capacity, one size smaller than the Pinnacle, I believe which is 7800 cu. inch.
    Any chance of seeing a couple of photos? Some of us are real interested in seeing the new material.

Thanks,,,,,Dave

It sounds like its just the normal Kevlar non camo checkered material.

Default Actually

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    It sounds like its just the normal Kevlar non camo checkered material.
    The material is new. It feels more like cordura than mine. I was in the store two weeks ago and checked it out. Bob told me they cant get the checkered Kevlar any more. The new stuff weighs more and seem like it is less water and blood repelent. I does look the same from a distance.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com