Thread: Reloading 9mm?

Question Reloading 9mm?

Hi guys,

I just started reloading 9mm a few days ago. Went with Unique as I already had some in-house and wouldn't have to go chase down any new powders.

Does anyone else load unique in 9mm? I know it is a fairly high-pressure cartride, but the cases seem awful full in comparison to my other loadings. (10mm, 44, .32H&R, .45acp, .357, etc)

I'm loading:
    115gr. plated RN.
    5.2 Grns. Unique
    WSP primers

This should give me an est. 1050 fps according to the manual. Sound decent for a plinking load, or should I look into another powder?

Any/all info is appreciated

Thanks guys,

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

Default Reloading 9mm?

I use Unique primarily. Partly because I load 44 mag and it and Red Dot are versatile powders.
    I was pressured by friends to go to Blue Dot but have never tried it.
    I feel for the type of shooting I do Unique is very good. I am not chasing the fps, but like the reliability.
    I tried the 147 gr today and I decided to do a lot more of them. I realy enjoyed the 147gr.

Once I start loading for my 9 I plan to use Unique. I've used unique in several other chamberings and it's always worked very well with exceptional accuracy. Gotta love a powder you can get 1300+ rounds out of 1 pound!

Unique is good stuff. It's not the cleanest powder out there, but it works well in a wide variety to pistol calibers.

Give Titegroup a try!! its very clean and cheaper than Unique. I like it better too.

I tend to steer clear of Unique. I used it quite often when I first started reloading but after numerous range sessions I gave up on the powder. The spent powder is so freking filthy, residue and gunk quickly build up throughout the pistol. Cleaning was the worst, a serious PITA. Powerpistol is my go to powder for 9mm.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'll have to look into those other powders for 9mm and give them a try. I've yet to shoot my 9mm reloads so I'm interested to see how dirty they'll be.

Thanks again,

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!