Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you guys have wild pigs or boars up there

Default do you guys have wild pigs or boars up there

i just found out that you guys have coyetes up ,.i was would like to know if you have wild boars or pigs..they are a fun typle of hunting ..down in texas we call them the poor man grizzle bear hunting ..cuase there the only wild game that hunts you back in the bush
    i have been chased up a tree once in east texas where we where hunting..i had a freind who went hunting with us could not understand why we where peeing for the back of the truck bed that morning intill he heard a snort and turned over and look one right in the eye ,..i never knew someone could make a 8,ft jump from a cot into a back of a truck bed with just one single up and out movement ...but i guess fear has a lot to do with that...plus the look on is face when it was happen was the best part of the day... .. on his wedding day his wife to be give him a set of boar teeth that she had shot and told it would bring good luck in the field..

No. No wild boars/pigs up here......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

The closest thing we have is an abundance of black bears.

Quote Originally Posted by henry2 View Post
    i just found out that you guys have coyetes up ,.i was would like to know if you have wild boars or pigs..they are a fun typle of hunting ..down in texas we call them the poor man grizzle bear hunting ..cuase there the only wild game that hunts you back in the bush
    i have been chased up a tree once in east texas where we where hunting..i had a freind who went hunting with us could not understand why we where peeing for the back of the truck bed that morning intill he heard a snort and turned over and look one right in the eye ,..i never knew someone could make a 8,ft jump from a cot into a back of a truck bed with just one single up and out movement ...but i guess fear has a lot to do with that...plus the look on is face when it was happen was the best part of the day... .. on his wedding day his wife to be give him a set of boar teeth that she had shot and told it would bring good luck in the field..
    There a Golden Corral in Anchorage. And, we have cops just like you do. I think that is about it for pigs

Default russians on Kodiak

There are wild boars on a small island close to town . They were put out there by the guy that has the sawmill in town , forgot his name but he feeds them and didn't care if somebody shot one when I lived out there . Russian stock as I remember .

Had a few escapee Russian Boars here in Delta some years back.....haven't heard of a sighting for at least a decade.

It is to bad no one will be honest with your question. Yes we have plenty, but we call them politicians (a real bore)
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Don't forget the pigs and other wild things coming into Walmart at 5:00 am on Black Friday.

Mr. Bauer, With your sentiments, I feel proud to have served you and kept you and your family safe.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    There a Golden Corral in Anchorage. And, we have cops just like you do.
    (rest of quote deleted)

I am sorry I have to say i think this is uncalled for... I may not like th view of some officials they however have a job to do and I respect them for that.

This thread was started with a legitimate question and i feel this line of thought is inappropriate

my .02
    Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default black Fri

Kingfish .... I didn't notice you in line .... but I got there about 3 am a little late I guess !!!!!

As for wild Hogs .... It won't be long they are crossing the NorCal / SoOr boarder right now .... working their way north ....

but can you hunt them and how many can you kill at a time without getting into trouble..
    belive my wild days are over my idea of a good time with my girlfriend is drinner and movie and little dance at the local bar and in bed by 1am in the morning ...

Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Mr. Bauer, With your sentiments, I feel proud to have served you and kept you and your family safe.
    I appreciate it too. Being a cop is a job I would never want to have. For those that were offended I apologize. It was a tasteless joke with no hurt feelings intended.

Quote Originally Posted by muskeg View Post
    Kingfish .... I didn't notice you in line .... but I got there about 3 am a little late I guess !!!!!

As for wild Hogs .... It won't be long they are crossing the NorCal / SoOr boarder right now .... working their way north ....

Did you come away unscathed?

Quote Originally Posted by logman View Post
    There are wild boars on a small island close to town . They were put out there by the guy that has the sawmill in town , forgot his name but he feeds them and didn't care if somebody shot one when I lived out there . Russian stock as I remember .
    Those are on Marmot Island, right? I've heard rumors about them but have never met anyone who has actually killed any of those boars or seen one.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by VernAK View Post
    Had a few escapee Russian Boars here in Delta some years back.....haven't heard of a sighting for at least a decade.

I have heard the same stories over the years... isn't there still a person there that raises them though? if my understanding is correct they actually had a good line on mostly pure boar... as for surviving long in Delta.. i am sure they would do fine until the bears found them.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

There was a guy just north of Sterling who raised wild boars.....I bought a ham about 6 years ago that he had smoked....don't know if he still is doing it. I don't know if he allowed hunting and don't remember his name ....sorry.

the marmot island pigs have been gone for a decade or so according to bio's on kodiak, there used to be a few there that someone dropped in to try and create his own little hunting preserve but thats long since fell apart.
    i check this fall when i was in kodiak....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

It depends on which bars you go hunting in.
    Now what ?

No there are no wild pigs in Alaska to hunt. You wont be in Kansas any more toto, even poor men can hunt grizzlys here, and black bears if you like. I assure you that if you got frazzled with pig hunting, you'll love bear hunting, they have teeth and claws and move a heck of a lot faster than pigs!....grin I do bet that the bears and wolves wish we had pigs here too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast