Thread: Scored A Sweet Deal! :D

Default Scored A Sweet Deal! :D

Today I bought a newer KQ 700 with winch, full skid plate and a arm guards, and 27" mudbugs. The atv only had 31 miles on it and was garage kept The price only $4500.

I'm all smiles.

Default WG! Better include shipping

costs cuz you surely didn't buy it for that up here!
    And Christmas ain't till next month!
    Mike
    (congratulations BTW )
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

I bought it used from someone in Anchorage who would rather have a new snowboard under their feet than an unused wheeler in the garage.

See ya on the trail Mike. You know where I'll be all winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Today I bought a newer KQ 700 with winch, full skid plate and a arm guards, and 27" mudbugs. The atv only had 31 miles on it and was garage kept The price only $4500.

I'm all smiles.
    DANG, congrats man!! I thought I was doing good with the Kodiak I got for 3500! Are you taking it out hunting in the morning?

Default What a steal

[QUOTE=Water_Gremlin;376706]I bought it used from someone in Anchorage who would rather have a new snowboard under their feet than an unused wheeler in the garage.

maybe he should use your $4500 for a CAT scan.......

well I guess this means you won't be getting a 6 wheeler any time soon...lol...nice find man...try not to break this one...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

WG, you've officially got an unbelievable deal.....pat yourself on the back. Just outta curiosity, where did you see it for sale? Word of mouth?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    ...try not to break this one...
    With this guys bad luck for the past summer..............Awesome find! What year? I'll try and burn you a service copy. I can see it now.......coyotes, wolves and foxes strapped to the racks!!! Way to go! Gonna snorkel it?

Great grab, now heres my advice, get either the Dalton clutch kit or order the EPI Yellow Spring and 18 gram rollers individually, and shim the primary 1-2mm and you'll be amazed with the results! PM me if you want any info on clutching it.

Default Finally seeing

the light WG. I knew you'd come around. Please tell me it's not red, I don't want to look like twins when we're out riding.
    Great deal on a great quad.

Quote Originally Posted by forAK View Post
    With this guys bad luck for the past summer..............Awesome find! What year? I'll try and burn you a service copy. I can see it now.......coyotes, wolves and foxes strapped to the racks!!! Way to go! Gonna snorkel it?
    It's a black 07. I don't know if I'm going to snorkel it or mod it, been there done that. I will add heater grips and thumb warmer, take off the beefier tie rods, buy a new bag, and I'll be golden.

I took it out yesterday and it ran great. The queen quad is no brute force but it will get the job done nicely. No animals in the snares yesterday.

Awesome deal, that's the same quad I have but I paid $6,850 for mine. Isn't it nice to find a good deal every now and then?
    Ryan Tollefsen
    Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
    Anchorage Real Estate

Glad to see you back in the bigger bore saddles again WG. Let me know of your thoughts verses your old twin cylinder. Great pick up.

Dan
    It is nice to know that there are "ALASKANS" out there, no matter where they live.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post

I'm all smiles.
    Awesome! Nice to see a good guy score a good deal!

What a score on a great wheeler. I probably don't need to tell you that you are going to like it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Father of 2 View Post
    Glad to see you back in the bigger bore saddles again WG. Let me know of your thoughts verses your old twin cylinder. Great pick up.

Dan
    Dan, glad to see you back on the forums. Definately stick around. You might be able to teach these fellas a thing or two.

The KQ is comfortable, effortless to drive, and a world apart from the rancher, but it's no v twin powered beast. It feels like a 500cc atv with a tad more get up and go. If I jam the throttle at a stop in high gear the belt howls like a hound where my brute would point it's noise to the sky. I've put 70 miles on it over the weekend.

This atv is one of the most comfortable atv's I have drove. I really like the 4x4 system compared to my old brute. No popping in and out of 4 wheel and I can engage the 4 wheel at a stop with the KQ. Turning radius is good. The KQ is balanced better than the brute too. Side hilling and inclines at low speeds are much easier. The front wheels grab very well on inclines where my brute would need aditional speed. Overall the ergonamics feel more natural than the brute.

Dislikes:
    I've heard rave reviews about the increased gas milage of the FI system, especially with the KQ. I averaged 10 miles to the gallon with my brute under heavy throttle, and under light throttle with the KQ I've averaged 12mpg on two trips. I expected 15mpg at the worst and 20 at best, maybe this will get better after a few hundred miles. Cold start ups take a bit longer than other machines I've owned - dang auto choke. The racks are borderline useless. I miss the engage on the fly diff lock of the brute. I could nit pick my dislikes all day but I'll stop here.

Overall I will be happy with this atv if it proves to be reliable.

Your mileage will increase as it still isn't even broke in yet. Heck, whatcha got, 101 miles? You'll see it get about 16. Well, that's what I get with mine. The best thing to do with the itty bitty racks is to just throw a bag or box on it and call it a day. It definetly ain't no brute!

That's the deal of the year IMO!! So when are you getting yourself a sled for winter riding? We need to do a ride this coming spring or summer, it's been a while.

Default mpg

i got a 700 2, got 20.5 mpg more than once while out joy riding with my kid on his egier 400 ..who got 22.70 mpg on same trail up off the steese hwy ps get rack extions
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......