Thread: Stoeger P-350 and 2000 Auto

Default Stoeger P-350 and 2000 Auto

Dose anyone hunt with a Stoeger? I’m leaving my 870 Exp. with my father as I don’t want to leave him “shotgunless” after I move up. I’ve heard good things about the economical Stoeger pump-350 and so I’m considering replacing my 870 with this gun once I hit ANC. Any feedback “good and bad” is appreciated.

Thx

I've got the Stoeger 2000 Turkey in full camo. Got it for 300 bucks. IIRC, they are basically a dressed down benelli. Haven't hunted ducks with it yet, but from what I've used it, I like it (especially for the price)

Thanks hunt_ak.

BTW what dose "IIRC" stand for?

If I remember correctly......

The biggest problem with companies like Stoeger and Charles Daly is you don't know who will be building their gun tommrow.When the maker changes there goes repair and parts. You are much better off saveing money an extra week and getting the 870 or 500 something thats been around forever.Even the lifetime warrenty of some HK shotguns of ten years ago are no longer their problem as they don't sell from that maker anymore and refuse warrenty work. I would also pass on the new H&R pumps and S/A guns.

Default stoeger 2000

Got one, love it, upon limited research the 2000 has less repair incidents than the Benelli, go figure.
    The 2000 is unbelievable and easy to clean.
    Get one and tell people it is a Benelli Eagle, same action.
    As for the comments about repair, customer service for Beretta is excellent, parent company of Benelli, Stoeger.
    870 and 500 are basic and they work forever, just watch the safety of the 500, quick fix at home or gunsmith.
    Replacement barrels another matter for the 2000, still looking for a slug barrel for my 2000.

Default Not to denigrate Amigo Will's point

But you could buy two of the Stoegers. Then your father could use the "parts gun" when he comes up to visit.
    I looked at the Stoeger when they first came out, seemed like a solid gun but I wasn't shopping for a shotgun. I'll have to get used to plastic/carbon/composite/fiberglass/space age matter on a gun where the wood should be. :-)
    Mike
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Thumbs up

Amigo Will:
    This is a good point and one that I’m considering, to be honest though for $300 bucks I really would not expect too much of a warranty.
    That said I’m also considering the R870, M500 and possibly an Ithaca M37 as well. But the Ithaca is a little too expensive for me right now.

swedeshooter:
    Thanks for the research on the repair history of the 2000 – This is good news! I’ve never had an auto before and I’m thinking it would be fun. But the one thing that I really like about the Stoeger P-350 is their claim that you can fire any 12guage ammo through it.

Mike Echo:
    Two shotguns, I like that! My wife might use the parts gun on me I did that though!

I couldn’t agree more, it is awfully hard to get used to composite material on a gun. I grew up with wood too.

Thanks guys!

In the lower 49 you can still buy a new 870 express for less than three hundred when you catch a sale at one of the marts type stores.