Thread: Snoeshoe Report Wed. Nov 26

Default Snoeshoe Report Wed. Nov 26

A buddy and I went out yesterday morning for a few hours. This was the first bunny hunt for me this year and it was a great one. Walking along busting the brush we had 10 bunnys in the bag in about 2 1/2 hours. We probably jumped 30 bunnys in that time. I am ready for some stew! Good luck everyone.

Fish

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by AKRoadkill View Post
    Where?

Yeah, where?

Jon
    Nurse by night, Alaska adventurer by day!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say.....Out in the woods???

No offense meant to anyone here, but why can't folks do the legwork on finding their own spots instead of circling these type of threads like vultures waiting for an "easy" meal?

Guess what gang...Before the internet came along, most folks did this thing called......Exploring....

Congratulations Fish! Glad your trip paid off so well, and thank you for sharing your success with us.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default geez hippie

you sure rip for not meaning any offense. maybe they guy wanted to know if the new member posting a rabbit hunt was hunting Montana or somewhere else. thanks for keeping everyone in line....lord knows we don't want to offend anyone.....

Default hows this for leg work...

well my buddy and i were out at the flats at 9 am this morning. spent about three hrs busting the brush and nada. we left because six other trucks of hunters showed up. went out to sutton for another couple of hrs and again nada. went out to rabbit slough till dark and came home empty handed. kinda frustrating day. cant fill a pot with bunny tracks. found something interesting though. when we were in sutton we would be follwing a trail of tracks and sometines they would abruptly end. no turn around, i mean like the rabbit just vanished. somtimes this happened in the middle of a clearing. it was the weirdest thing. there was a fresh blanket of snow on the ground so they had to be moving sometime this morning.

Yeah this isnt much of a report with out a location

Was it that mile 117 spot that that guy little dave on here told you about last year?

No secret spot by any means. I havent tried the mi 117 area yet. I was out at Knick. I hear of a lot of people having bad luck out there, I always seem to come home with a little something to add to the freezer. If someone wants to get together one of these days and try to bust a few, let me know. Once again, Good Luck. I'll stick some pictures on here when I get them from my buddy.

Fish

Yep arcticfox, the same thing will happen to you anywhere you go if everyone on here shared their honey holes....sometimes its nice to have that spot to yourself don't ya think? I don't think Hippie was out of line at all....If it had been a secret spot Fish, I would hope that you would keep it to yourself. This website has 18,000 members, I can assure you that your secret spot will become just like any other honey hole thats been shared on here, over hunted.

Happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfox77 View Post
    well my buddy and i were out at the flats at 9 am this morning. spent about three hrs busting the brush and nada. we left because six other trucks of hunters showed up. went out to sutton for another couple of hrs and again nada. went out to rabbit slough till dark and came home empty handed. kinda frustrating day. cant fill a pot with bunny tracks. found something interesting though. when we were in sutton we would be follwing a trail of tracks and sometines they would abruptly end. no turn around, i mean like the rabbit just vanished. somtimes this happened in the middle of a clearing. it was the weirdest thing. there was a fresh blanket of snow on the ground so they had to be moving sometime this morning.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I think that the area I hunt gets quite a bit of pressure, but I have never seen anyone where I hunt, when I an out. It seems like there are plenty of bunnys this year, and thanks to the 5 per day limit it ought to stay that way. I think a good pack of dogs would have a field day this year.

Default gonna have to try some new areas tomorrow

i think we are gonna try around sheep mtn tomorrow. at this point i dont care how many miles i have to log to get my first bunny of the year. the thing is, after you get your first one, your eyes seem to clue in on what to look for and you see bunnys all the time. good luck to those out and about tomorrow...

Let me know how you do, arctic. I was going to go that way tomorrow with my nephew, but I just got a phone call saying that Sunday will be better...so I guess Sunday it is. We'll likely be hunting around the Long Lake area, but will go further if it's promising.

I guess I'll be heading south with my skis (and maybe a predator call) tomorrow.

Let's let this one be and get back to the thread as inteded, eh fellas?

Default 117

I went there a few weeks ago with my brother and there still there along with a fox, martin and a ermin cant wait to get up there to do some more hunting

Sorry if ya didn't pick up on the grinning green guy in my post, Hippie...that means I was not seriously asking for the location, but being SAR-CAS-TIC. See, there it is again.

Anyway, Fish, congrats on findin a honey (or bunny) hole! Ya done good!