Thread: Stold our gear!!

Angry Stold our gear!!

We packed the truck last night so we can leave at 6:00am in the morn for our deer hunting trip.Some a-hole's came thru and hit everybodys vehicles on the block. They got some of our guns that were in the rig already.
    Keep a watch for: mod. 100 winchester .308 w/ nikon 3x9 omega scope
    Imbel FAL 7.62 rifle w/ 4 mags and softcase
    Rem 30-06 w/bushnell scope bolt action
    hope tomorrows hunt turns out better for us.

Default Robbery

That's the type of news no one likes to hear . I hope they catch them badgers . Sh*t will surface and when it does , GOOD-BYE !

Default The Cops Caught Some of the A-holes

The cops got our guns. They found them while dealing with someother issue. How lucky can you get. Still won't have them for the hunt;But didn't lose them forever.

Default Be persistant with the cops

I had a hand gun stolen a couple years back. I called the police every couple days asking if I could have it back. They said they needed to keep it until the case goes to court. I kept saying I need for myself for hunting and protection out hunting. I got it back a few weeks later. I just heard to many horror stories of people never getting the guns back. Or they move and never get contacted and police auction them off. People can't believe I got the gun back before the case ever goes to trial. I have never heard anything about them catching the guy. They know who did it, he is wanted for many felonies. So I would be one of those cases where they have the gun for years for no reason. If you get the run around ask for the chief and tell him you need them to provide food for the family.

Glad you will get your guns back.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

WOW! Thumbs up to the cops and congrats to you for getting your stuff back.

THem needing to hang onto your guns is nonsense. I cant see how it matters if the gun sits at the cop station or in your closet Espefcially when they caught the perps redhanded with them.

Default Nice!!!

Glad to hear your guns were found.

I was talking to a friend about what happened to you. He told me the police showed up at his door one day and asked for a pistol he had bought from Down under guns in Fairbanks. He showed the pistol to the police, who quickly nabbed it up and said it was stolen property. The guy who legally bought the pistol was not brought up on charges, but Down under would not do anything for him. Down under simply said nothing they could do. The guy was out his gun and $500.00.

Was there any damage to your guns?
    Keep us posted on the status of the losers that stole your guns.

Default Depending on the other issue

the police only need to take pertinant info and pictures of your guns and when the proper paperwork is complete they should be able to return it to you. If the weapon/s were used during the other incident then they may need to hang onto them for evidence in a trial. Like akrstabout said keep contacting them and be persistent about the return of your guns.

APD is doing pretty good lately in recovery of stolen items. A week and a half ago, some guy stole my roomates truck right out of our yard. We just happened to get up soon after and when we noticed the missing truck immediately got on the phone to APD. While my roommate was still on the phone giving info about his truck the officers enroute to our place caught the guy pulling into a well know crack house. 25 minutes later we went to check his truck and verify stolen goods from our other vehicles. 20 minutes after that we were back home with ALL our stuff. The officers only needed to document and photo all the items and the truck and then they were able to release them to us.

Glad they caught them and hope you get your guns back soon.

glad you got the guns back, Hope you find the rest of your things. People like that just tee me off!!!.

BTW...Good luck on your trip.