Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 11/25/08

  1. #1
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Thumbs up Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 11/25/08

    Hey guys another week goes by and we got 3.5" on Sunday and 4"last night. It's 17 degrees and the volunteers & myself of The Willow Trail Comm. have put in 270 fleet miles this week. Taking the bumps so you don't have too. All the main trails where groom on monday & tuesday but with the new snow everthing was real flat today, could not see a bump if it hit you! Groomed the main areas today and started seeing a little overflow. Nothing bad!
    Went down the Big Swamp on Saturday, out on to the Big Su. over to the Yentna and up to LUCE'S. Then came back Kroto Sough & GCI trail. It was a great run with lots of snow on the river up near Luce's and the trail marked all the way to Swentna.
    Have fun! Be safe. And try not to break anything!
    So you can ride later!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  2. #2

    Default

    Good deal. Did you groom all the up and back?
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  3. #3

    Default

    Let us know how to donate. I know i will. Thanks

  4. #4
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Thumbs up Update!

    Happy Thanksgiving All!!!
    Maps can be found at local stores and ERPAC Eagle River Polaris Arctic Cat and Alaska House of Yamaha in Big Lake. Donation Forms are at all of our kiosks around Willow or mail to Willow Trail Committee PO Box 845 Willow AK. 99688.
    Fridays and Saturdays are days to RIDE, not groom!!!

    Get off your butt and ride off some of that turkey!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  5. #5
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Exclamation Overflow update!!!!

    Hey Guys, Just a quick note. With the warmer weather and new snow on the lakes and rivers they are getting more and more overflow!
    BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  6. #6

    Default

    Just got back from Skwentna. Missed the overflow on the river. Looks like between the landing and the Deshka there had been some wet stuff but now it's healed up.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Toney
    Did you haft to use the gci trail or did you go the regular normal way??
    I will be hauling freaght.........

  8. #8

    Default

    Not sure of trail names but went through the slough and overland in a couple of spots. Not a good way to freight one spot may hang you up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •