Thread: Topo maps

Question Topo maps

I was looking for a place in anchorage to get some good topo maps, I used to get them at maps unlimited or something like that but they moved or went out of business. Anyone know of anyother places in town??

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Default topo

I printed some out at sportsman warehouse

The "Map Store" on the APU campus has every map/chart of AK known to man. Reasonable prices too.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Talking

thanks, i should have searched the fourms before posting since this appears to be a major topic...netherless to say I found plenty of info...oops!!
    thanks guys

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Default Usgs

I go to the USGS website and download the maps and print them. Very small on regular paper but you can take them to a copy machine and blow them up. Pretty cheap way to get your maps. You can also order printed full size maps from them. Take a look at the site. It has some nice features for the maps.