Thread: Thanksgiving

Default Thanksgiving

Before it gets too late, I would like to wish everyone on the forum a BIG Happy thanksgiving. Just don't eat too much turkey (or whatever) and gravy.

I will continue my tradition of using Thanksgiving morning to hunt whitetail in NY. Then it will be an afternoon of family and food.

Like I said before - HAPPY THANKSGIVING - in spite of everything we still have a lot to be thankful for.

Back at you Phil, enjoy your time in the woods and good luck hunting!

Default Yes

Happy - T-Day to you Phil and John as well as everyone else.

Better have some snow shows to chase those bucks another round of weather hitting the Great Lakes today this time from the East.

I do not miss 270 inches of snow a year. It's a dry cold Honest!

Blue Moose

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Like I said before - HAPPY THANKSGIVING - in spite of everything we still have a lot to be thankful for.
    Agreed; and same to you and all.

Default That reminds me...

...I was supposed to pull a side of ribs out of the meat shed this morning to thaw. We are gonna try a rolled rib roast for Thanksgiving here.

Phil, good luck tomorrow. And happy Thanksgiving to all,

When I was young back in Ohio, we used to go rabbit hunting with beagles on Thanksgiving morning, then a big Thanksgiving dinner. Actually got my first rabbit on Thanksgiving
    Everyone have a safe and Happy thanksgiving, and remember the troops that are all over the world.

I have to say happy thanksgiving to all.

Default Me too

Since you are turning the hunting thread into the general discussion thread I'll jump on the band wagon before we get into trouble and wish everyone a happy turkey day as well. Remember to say a prayer for our military members that are in harms way and not spending it with their loved ones so that we can.

Semper FI

Tom

Default Good Luck Phil

let us know if you score?

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Default Thanks & Memories on Thanksgiving

Phil -- thanks for starting this thread. By now you're probably back from the hunt & I hope it was successful. I used to hunt rabbit & pheasant every Thanksgiving morning where I grew up - between the corn fields in Illinois.

Phil & All -- wishing all of you hunters & hunt supporters a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am certainly thankful for a freezer full of bou, butt, salmon (& miscellaneous rockfish), but mostly thankful for a tolerant and supportive family.

Default Sorry

It's not the first (and probably not the last) time I put a thread in the wrong forum. Guess I never could color within the lines.

For those of you who asked, I had a great hunt on Thanksgiving but I didn't shoot any whitetails. For everyone (including Alaskans) - hunting is supposed to be a time of enjoyment - even when conditions aren't good.

While this still isn't the correct place - being thankful EVERY day isn't a bad idea.