Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boycott HS Precision

Default Boycott HS Precision

http://blogostuff.blogspot.com/2008/...nt-by-lon.html

This should be enough to make every freedom loving American vomit. HS Precision, manufacturer of stocks and other parts for precsion rifles, is featuring an endorsement of their products by Lon Horiuchi on the back of their catalog.
    For readers unfamiliar with Horiuchi, he is the FBI sniper who shot Vicki Weaver during the the standoff at Ruby Ridge 1992. He was also present at the 1993 Waco siege where he was again suspected of misconduct. He charged with manslaughter for Weaver's death but the charge was eventually dismissed in a Federal court, the basis for which was the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution. (Note that this ruling doesn't go to the merits of the case.) In gun owner circles, he is regarded as a murderer.

As pointed out by Arfcommer "dedfella," this is akin to having a fertilizer company get an endorsement by Timothy McVeigh. Poor taste, putting it mildly.

The owners of HS Precision would have to be living under a rock to not understand the revulsion this would incite among gunnies. Obviously, they don't give a **** about us and are only concerned with securing .gov contracts. Screw 'em.

Default Let's roll

This needs to spread quickly. Start calling them and their distrubtors and dealers and tell them what you think!

We can make this happen. The endoursement of Lou is a lot worse than Cooper's endorsement of Obama.

Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default endorsement

I have already e-mailed HS and expressed my concerns on their endorsement. The only e mail address they had was:

'info@hsprecision.com'

Default Me too

Message sent. The only e-mail address I could find is info@hsprecision.com.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Message sent. I am also contacting Reminton Arms Who use HS stocks on some of their rifles.

Default I'm in.

Message Sent. Thanks for posting.... sometimes important news stories like this slip by unnoticed. Times like these, freedom loving gun owners need to stick together.

I sent the following email to Larry Potterfield, president and CEO of MidwayUSA:

To: LarryPotterfield@MidwayUSA.com
    Subject: HS Precision

Dear Mr. Potterfield;

I want to begin by thanking you for the excellent service that MidwayUSA has provided to me over the years. I have always felt your prices to be fair, and your willingness to use shipping methods which work for customers in Alaska has been in stark contrast to so many other companies, which have little regard for consumers in the 49th state. Your commitment to the NRA is second to none, and it is for these reasons that Midway has received most of my mail order business for general shooting related goods for the last few years. Therefore, it is with some regret that I have to contact you today, and the following should not be taken as a reflection of any dissatisfaction over my dealings with Midway.

It has come to my attention that one of your vendors, HS Precision, has undertaken marketing practices which are abhorrent to myself, and many others in the shooting community. On the back of their 2008 catalog, is a full page endorsement by Lon Horiuchi, a retired FBI sniper. As you may be aware, during the 1992 Ruby Ridge incident in Idaho, Mr. Horiuchi fired the bullet that killed Vicki Weaver, as she held her infant daughter in her arms. Within the gun culture, he is widely regarded as a murderer, who was never prosecuted for political reasons. HS Precision's acceptance of his endorsement is viewed as something akin to Ryder Truck Rentals accepting the endorsement of Timothy McVeigh, or a seller of surplus Carcano rifles publishing an ad featuring Lee Harvey Oswald.

I find HS Precision's use of this endorsement to be sickening, and an affront to the millions of shooters and other Americans who believe that justice was not served in the aftermath of Ruby Ridge. Because of this, I will not purchase any products manufactured by HS Precision, nor will I continue to do business with companies which sell their products. I am certainly NOT singling out Midway in this regard, although as mentioned, you have traditionally received the bulk of my mail order business for shooting related merchandise. I hope that you will reevaluate the inclusion of HS Precision products in your catalog and inventory, and that one day soon we may do business again.

Sincerely,
    ###########
    Anchorage, Alaska

Default HS Precision

Thanks for the heads-up about this. I had not previously heard about this repulsive endorsment. That's just sickening.

Message and e-mails sent.

Thanks for the heads-up about this. I had not previously heard about this repulsive endorsment. That's just sickening.
    And that's putting mildly.
    That's like the chemical company that produced Zyklon B pubicizing an endorsement from Adolf Hitler.

As Jeff Cooper used to say, "Lon Horiuchi is still walking around breathing. Why?"
    Now what ?

Default H-S

I wonder if there was an H-S stock on the rifle he used make the headshot to Vickie with? Just inches above the baby she was holding? perhaps they should track down the now much older Weaver offspring and get that endorsment as well? Makes my blood boil.

I can't imagine what the H-S Marketing Dept. was thinking when they made the decision to use Horiuchi as a spokesperson? How vile this is .....

Well heck of a difference in some of your compairison of this guy and the others. They were all obviously guilty. But I agree it is not very tasteful of the company. Is this guy still in the FBI or was he fired?

Instead of acting crazy, why doesn't eveyone just e-mail them and express their concern as to the negative image. The gun industry gets enough bad press, we don't need to make it worse for ourselves.
    Are you as unimpressed with my signature block as I am with yours?

Default Not part of the industry

and I ,for one, don't feel like soft-pedaling this. I don't think this particular situation would reflect badly on the industry in general, unless they put profit ahead of ethics at which point, it is on them. They sure didn't go easy on Ruby Ridge, did they?

I will be writing HS and it is such a shame that political correctness is killing our Constitution and Nation faster that bullets ever will. God help us if it is not to late. We have got to start speaking up before we loose our voice to speak up and they surely are working on the 1st amendment much less the 2nd amendment.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Quote Originally Posted by cool_husker View Post
    Is this guy still in the FBI or was he fired?
    In typical fedpuke fashion he was promoted.

Remember the adage of federal employment, "You **** up, you move up."
    Now what ?

H-S stocks ain't worth a darn, anyways. Heavy, bad ergo's in every way, club-like feel and, most importantly, gets a F rating in terms of felt recoil.

Default Anyone going to the SHOT SHOW in Jan.?

The SHOT show is a great place to give the company a face to face opinion on their lack of good taste.

I was at the Dallas SHOT Show in the early 90s after Bill Ruger mouthed off about the large capacity magazines. There were people carrying protest signs in front of the entrance and the Ruger reps cringed when anyone came up to the Ruger booth. Ruger screwed up big time with that and I still won't buy their products since they have never apologized to the public.

The SHOT show is a good place to go after both HS Precision and Cooper. You get to confront the people face to face in front of the people that sell their products. It doesn't get any better than that.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Default Speaking of Ruger...

I bet Bill is rolling in his grave in regards to the Ruger "Inaugural Special” promotion for the Mini-14 20-round magazines running from Election Day to Inauguration Day.

Ruger, Smith & Wesson (agreement of 2000), Zumbo and black rifles, Cooper and now H-S. I hope the firearm community stops shooting themselves in the foot real soon and show some solidarity.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMLOCK View Post
    I have already e-mailed HS and expressed my concerns on their endorsement. The only e mail address they had was:

'info@hsprecision.com'
    THANKS.

I emailed them yestidy, as soon as I saw the address you posted.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast