Thread: Traditional Arrows Help Please!!!

Default Traditional Arrows Help Please!!!

Hi everyone
    I need your help. I am going to buy my fiance new arrows for his recurve for christmas but I am unsure as to what to get. I shoot a compound and really don't know much about traditional archery. He has a Brackenbury recurve bow with a draw weight of about 60 or 65 pounds. He has two different weights of arrows. One is an easton 2115 and the other is a easton 2216. the 2216 arrows are some old ones that his father gave him a long time ago and i am not sure were the others came from. Is one better than the other? Also just like everyone else these days i don't have an endless amount to spend this christmas so any suggestions you might have for good arrows that don't cost an arm and leg that would be great.
    Take care of the earth. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children.

I like the arrow dynamics for a carbon arrow, they make a wood grain . You can get them at

http://raptorarchery.com/

Ted's a good guy

Sipsey River has goldtip tradional blems for around $60 per dozen. I think that the blem is in the finish not the the shaft itself. You can call them and they could give you a better recommendation of what to get. (205) 387-2388
    http://www.sipseyriverarchery.com

The last thing you need to know is your husbands draw length?

I recommend you calling 3Rivers Archery Supply. Technical Advice: (866)587-9501. Tell them what your looking for and what your looking to spend. They will set you up with “finished” arrows that will work specifically with your husbands tackle.

They offer wood, aluminum and carbon arrow choices for traditional archers.
    http://www.3riversarchery.com/Cat.asp?c=58&p=0&s=195

Is it an original Jim Brackenbury?

Thank you for your advise. I will work on trying to figure out what his draw length is without having to ask stright out. Yes it is an original Jim Brackenbury bow.
    Take care of the earth. It was not given to you by your parents. It was loaned to you by your children.

Quote Originally Posted by akcowgirl View Post
    Thank you for your advise. I will work on trying to figure out what his draw length is without having to ask stright out. Yes it is an original Jim Brackenbury bow.
    Nice! hold on to that bow!!!

Just messure one of his arrows.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default Archers' Den

I would talk to Paul at Archers' Den. If he can not help you. He will find someone that will. Plus there are a bunch of Tradtional Bow guys there that can give some goood advice.

On second thought he may have cut the arrows he has long for tuning purposes. I wouldn't get finished arrows if it were me. Most trad shooters like to play with different arrow lengths and inserts allowing more flexibility when tuning.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Uncle Bill at Back Country in Anchorage always has some really nice wood arrows. He will cut to length and install the tips. $105 doz +-. What ever kind of arrow you get, get the shafts full length and get them cut after Christmas. Of course if you do that, you should buy from either Bill or Paul at Archers Den.