Thread: Ak Hunting News: Hunters? A biologist confronts the issue of slobs

Arrow Ak Hunting News: Hunters? A biologist confronts the issue of slobs

This news clip is from Alaska Hunting News. Discussion is welcome, but these robot generated news threads are not monitored by the webmaster.

Alaska wildlife biologist Jack Whitman is a long time hunter. He writes: "I’m intimately involved in hunting, both professionally (for 35 years a biologist) and personally in my everyday life. I’m proud of that heritage which has been handed down through the generations. I’ll do what I can to maintain it for my children and for their children."

But two things happened recently to Whitman which caused him to become acutely aware of the issue of slobs in our ranks: the senseless killing of two animals: an owl sitting on its eggs, and his own hunting dog.

"Is this the wave of the future on a grand scale, or is this just a select few Fairbanks “hunters” that I’ve had the recent misfortune to encounter?," he writes.

Read the entire article on the Alaska Outdoors Supersite >>>

Read the individual article on Alaska Hunting News...

We welcome news tips that are useful to the community. Please send tips and links to complete stories by email to webmaster@outdoorsdirectory.com.

Default who are these people anyway?

they shot his dog?

pathetic

Angry dog shooting

That is disgusting. I am glad it wasnt my dog as I am pretty sure I would be facing charges for shooting back.

Unhappy NOT Hunters

The individuals who shoot owls and dogs for "kicks" are not hunters. I refuse to be put in the same catagory as these outlaws.