Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping ammo to AK?

Default Shipping ammo to AK?

I'm having a hard time getting .223 ammo. No one will ship from the lower 48. Any ideas how to get it done?

Default 223

I was in gng off tudor yesterday and they had remington 223 for sale by the case the guy behind the counter said. I didnt ask about the price I was looking for guns. hope this helps

Default Shipping ammo

CMP still has plenty and they are cheap. They shipped mine to AK, no problem.

http://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalo...ogList&cat=AMC

Default Boondocks Eagle River

Quote Originally Posted by greggy99712 View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting .223 ammo. No one will ship from the lower 48. Any ideas how to get it done?
    Just picked up a case 200 rds of Rem 223 55gr at Boondocks for $114.00 they still had plenty when I went in today. They also have a bunch of cases of 9mm. 500 rds for around $165.00 got a couple of those as well.
    I gave up trying to find someone to send ammo from the lower 48 just got to be a pain in the arse as everything seems to be on backorder.
    I am still looking for some Rem 300 Ultra 200 gr A-Frame if anyone runs into some locally please give me a shout
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

Quote Originally Posted by akrifle View Post
    CMP still has plenty and they are cheap. They shipped mine to AK, no problem.

http://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalo...ogList&cat=AMC

Via what shipping method? I have never been able to get any of the big shooting supplies stores to ship ammo up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Montana Bob View Post
    Just picked up a case 200 rds of Rem 223 55gr at Boondocks for $114.00
    Wow! .57 per round

Default double tap ships to ak too...

Default Lynden

If your volume is enough to warrant the extra cost you can arrange to have it come up by Lynden Transport (by sea). Its roughly $100 for the first 100lbs. The shipper ships it to Lynden in WA, with a pre-obtained "Quote Number" which you have arranged with Lynden to have your name, address and phone number. When the box arrives in Anchorage, you get a call and pick it up at their office in Anchorage. If you are shipping enough it works out okay.

Also Conley Precision will ship to AK but charges you the extra "Hazzard Fee" that they have to pay to FedEx. Again, only works out if you buy enough.

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    Wow! .57 per round
    Is that high? Checked CMP and it there most inexpensive was $70 for 100 and that was not including shipping.
    Double Tap does ship ammo and my last order of 2 boxs was $35 to ship. I was going to try and start a group buy with them as thier site say's free shipping with purchase of over 1000 rounds.
    I emailed them about additional discounts on larger quantities and was told and I quote," Our Alaska customers receive a $20 discount on orders of 1000 rounds or more and there is no free shipping,".
    Their ammo is good but I think I can get buy with the box of 10mm hardcast that I have.
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

CMP uses FEDEX. Comes to your door and needs an adult signature. I ahve doen it several times. Even bought 30 cases of 22LR that way. Buy a Garand while you are shopping from them, comes the same way. Recommended.

Last time I did shipped LTL on a common carrier, the breakeven point for me was 3000 rds of 7.62X51. Up to that qty, it was cheaper to buy locally rather than pay the freight bill. After that point, I got it cheaper than purchased outside and shipped. YMMV, so compute your breakeven point. Assumes ammo is available locally and outside, so one can shop. AIM advertises no name .223 for $170/500 today. Boonies has Name Brand on hand $114/200.

Note that you ship to the trucker in Seattle, marked for you in AK. That way the ammo guys are shipping to Seattle for consignment of the freight to you. The ammo guys are not shipping to Alaska, per se. Deals with the "We don't ship to AK" response. Added values is, sometimes they do pick up the free freight to Seattle.

Work out the details with your freight company.

Good, cheap or fast. Pick any two....

Hope that helps.

Default ammo

Just FYI; I often have ammo delivered to lower 48 folks then fly it home after I visit. I've also had it delivered to hotels that I stayed in. Most airline's websites tell how much you can bring in checked luggage and how it must be packed. Read before...........some allow up to 25 pounds, and some much less.

i think TSA allowance is 50 lbs of ammo, and then you have your airlines regs which you have to follow, which may be the same or less.

Default Ak airlines will fly it up

Ammomman.com in NJ has shipped 2000 rnds to my inlaws in Washington w/no extra fees. Ie...the price quoted on the website includes shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. Then the inlaws bring it up on Ak airlines, 2000 rnds max per person in the original shipping packaging only.
    Can't rate them on service yet as I just placed the order a few days ago but the prices are very good and they had plenty in stock. They had great reviews on another website, ar15.com.
    BK

Quote Originally Posted by allen-ak View Post
    AIM advertises no name .223 for $170/500 today. Boonies has Name Brand on hand $114/200.
    I must be stupid, who or what is AIM?

Here you go:
    AIM Surplus in Middleton Ohio
    Boonies is Boondocks in Eagel River AK

Some airlines do not allow any ammo or any firearms

TSA follows IOTA rules for Ammo, from CFR Title 29, ammo, Specifically Cartiridges, Small Arms is classified ORM-D

be advised that Powder or primers are not allowed on passenger aircraft.

Just curious, which airlines do not allow you to ship any ammo or firearms in your checked baggage?
    Tennessee

Here is an example: I sell quality name brand 223 ammo for .42 round in lots of 1000. AIM sells no name stuff for .34 a round delivered to the dock. 100 pounds or less of ammo will cost you about $100 to ship to Anchorage, with you making all the arrangements. Thus, on the first 1000 rounds, you are paying .44 a round and doing all the work, and not even getting name brand

well, we could always get a group order together. Im pretty sure that between everyone on here that needs ammo we could get a huge order together and get a great price.

just my .02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast