Thread: New Machines!!

Default New Machines!!

Finally got my snow machines! Two Polaris 550 transports. Can't wait to head down the Denali Highway Friday!

One conflicting thing I'm hearing from people that I hope you guys can help me with. I know the first tank of gas I'm supposed to put a half cup of oil in the gas tank, but I've heard that it's a good idea to put some oil in every single tank of gas. What's your guys opinion of this?

Thanks and good riding to all!

Claude
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I wouldn't worry about adding oil to the tank after the first one. Thats why you have a separate oil pump and tank. Those are sweet sleds. I am also super jealous of your place out the Denali everytime I drive by. If I'm out that way next time and know you are there I'll stop in.

Thumbs up

Nice machines....

Don't worry about the oil in the tank after the first 200 miles or so. It is just some added lube for break in. These new machines oil system are dialed in nicely and change the ratio based on throttle position. If you keep adding oil, you are only making the system run oil rich.

Take lots of pictures!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Thanks!

Launche,

Thanks for the note. I felt kinda the same way about adding the oil to each tank, but since I'm not looking for any power, and just want to get in and out of the lodge in the winter, I thought it would be a good question for on here. I haven't done a lot of snow machining, and this winter will be a learning curve for me, so any adivice will be appreciated!

I hear ya on being jealous on the lodge. I spent the last 8 or 9 years searching for any private property on the Denali Highway for sale..... it's very rare to find. I found this place a few years back listed for sale, but it was way out of my price range... I finally couldn't stand it anymore and met up with the owner, and I purchased it, while he carried the contract. Banks sure don't like financing things like that!

Been dreaming of exactly this type of place since 1980, when I was just 12, and my dad and I hunted out of a gold mining camp in Nolan, up in the brooks. I thought to myself right then, that someday I would have something like that.... and FINALLY! I just hope I can make enough to pay for it!

And when we do open, whether it's late winter or June, the coffee will ALWAYS be free for all! So make sure you stop by.

Default pic's

Thanks for the advice AkMud. We'll get lots of pic's for sure! I'm so jazzed about hitting the road early Friday morning, enroute to Cantwell, I can hardly stand myself... and my wife already can't stand me, so we'll both be happy when I leave! heh heh!