Thread: Hewescraft 20' sportsman or Alumaweld Stryker 19'?

Default Hewescraft 20' sportsman or Alumaweld Stryker 19'?

I've been thinking about purchasing a Hewescraft 20' Sportsman or an Alumaweld Stryker 19'. Both powered with a 50 hp and 8hp Yamaha/Honda. My plan is to use it for backtrolling the Kenai River for Kings (and Silver fishing) and occasionally take it out of Anchor Pt for some salwater day trips. I used to have a 17' Stryker (w/ 50 hp Honda)and really liked it. I would welcome any thoughts of the comparison between the two hulls.

Default If you want a sportsman

I know of a sportsman set up like that for sale, very clean. PM me if you are interested.

Default alumaweld 19 formula vee

I have an Alumaweld formula 19 V that someone is going to get a steal of a deal on. PM me for info.

Thanks guys. I am still trying to decide between the options.

Default Stryker

I've had my Stryker for 11 years now and been all over Southcentral with it including the Kenai pen. and PWS. It's a great hull that throws the chop out to the side and will also run very shallow with a jet unit if you decide to do so later on. The hull is warrantied for life and the floorboards for ten years. It's a very stable boat that carries a fair amount of weight and planes easily. They also seem to have a decent resale value as they aren't are on the market for long when one does come up for sale.
    Are they both priced similar? Don't have a clue about the Hewescraft though.
    BK

I would expect them to be priced very closely if stripped down to the hull, trailer, and motor. However, I have not been able to get quotes.

Default Why not a 20' Stryker?

I was talking to an Alumaweld rep at the last Seattle boat show. Alumaweld now makes a 20 foot Stryker instead of the 19. This allowed them to stop putting in foam flotation which opens up a ton of space. If I remember correctly they actually did this to stay competitive with the Sportsman. With that said I think they are both great boats and would gladly own either one of them. If cost is same I would look more closely at the alumaweld.

Alumaweld has the information posted on their web site now about the 20' Stryker. I think both would be great boats.
    Ryan Tollefsen
    Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
    Anchorage Real Estate