Thread: Any whitewater paddlers here?

Talking Any whitewater paddlers here?

I live near Fairbanks and am looking to get more involved with kayaking this year. I have a Wave-Sport T3, but have never really been down any ruff water with it. I have surfed my boat in the Atlantic Ocean a few times and been to the Hamme Pool on and off the last few years. Down to try anything and plan to get out to the Pool all winter to practice. Anyway if anyone out here wants to throw me some pointers or just point and laugh while splash around like a duck with a broken wing let me know.

Also looking to do some rock climbing and 4x4 and off-road trail exploration.
    If any of this sounds fun let me know here or find me on norakor.com

I have a good buddy in Ester who used to paddle... he has sled dogs now and goes to grad school... not to mention is right in the middle of building his house with his new wife... but he might be game for a few pool sessions or something else come summertime.

..let me know and I'll pass on his email via a PM.

Also check out the Fairbanks Paddlers group: http://fairbankspaddlers.org/

My experience with them in the past showed more ww canoers than kayakers, but they were a pretty active group. There are fewer good ww places around Fairbanks than Anchorage, but they will know about them all, and typically they are always looking for more paddling buddies.

Cool, thanks for the info, I have gotten contact with the Fbx Paddlers, not to much going on for a while I guess. I do plan on trying to hook up with them come summer. I hope once I get some more practice in to make some trips south to Anchorage area too.