Thread: Cooper Lake/Lost Lake

Default Cooper Lake/Lost Lake

Anyone rode out to Cooper or Lost Lake yet? How much snow is out that way? We're headed down there this Friday for the weekend and we're thinking about bringing the sleds with us but it would be great to get a report beforehand. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Default Dean Bruington- Gakona

I friend of mine in Gakona heads out to Copper Lake to fish and might have some useful info. Dean is a heck of a good guy and his number is 822-3981

Walt

Default 12/1

Not sure about Cooper Lk/Snug Harbor Rd, but the Lost Lk trail is definately not open until 12/1 at the earliest, snowpack permitting...

..itching to get out myself...

Walt, i'm referring to Cooper Lake which is on the Kenai peninsula. Thanks for the info jockomontana.

Default Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Walt, i'm referring to Cooper Lake which is on the Kenai peninsula. Thanks for the info jockomontana.
    I was looking at Copper Lake which is up in/on the Nebezna Road

I am in Seward & it is snowing right now. We only have about 12" on the ground, not much. There is not enough snow on the Lost Lake trail for the FS to open it early. Unless we get a good steady dump it probably will not have enough snow on the trail by dec 1 either. Plenty of snow on top but the problem is getting there. I do not know about Cooper Lake. The trails off of Snug Harbor Rd are most likely controlled by the FS so they will make the call