Thread: Effects of Climate change

Default Effects of Climate change

I just finished a report commisioned by the CIA I'll post it here a little later when I have the time. It is a projection of world conditions out to 2025 it was compiled by the best think tanks and phds. They say as early as 2013
    we may have an ice free Arctic this is the extreme prediction, some say out to 2050 I think. Anyway *if * things are warming up I would assume the below glacier drainages will be getting much more runoff, higher river levels, poorer drainage in the low areas. Have any of you noticed this in your area. I am about ready to purchase some DNR land and figure best to stay as high as possible. Was looking at Tok but that is in a big valley.
    Any thoughts on this?
    thanks m

I dunno it was awfull cold this year! We also have not had any of the weird freeze thaw winter activity this year like we have for the past several years. We don't have a ton of snow but every thing that has fallen is still there. Your best bet is just to wait 15 years and if nothing happens then you can write the big heads and tell them how upset you are that you didn't have a cabin for the last 15 years based on their predictions. If they are right then at least you played it safe and didn't lose your investment!

Isn't there some current argument among the "experts" that many of Alaska's glaciers actually grew last year in spite of global warming?

mwalker, I'd imagine that mother nature is going to do what she's going to do. Meaning take the high ground, build there, and an earthquake or wild fire will take the place instead of the flooding you avoided by building where you did.

yeah no sense getting into analysis paralysis ha

If its wasn't for global warming we would still be in the last ice age.

I wouldn't hold off on your dream because "they" say we might have an ice free arctic by 2025. I mean this is the CIA we're talking about.

Default here is the report

interesting reading commissioned by the National Intelligence Committe
    Global trends 2025http://www.dni.gov/nic/PDF_2025/2025...nal_Report.pdf

Mark

Effects of Climate change.
    More propaganda to fight the development of energy sources. This will lead to greater and greater misery on Earth for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    More propaganda to fight the development of energy sources. This will lead to greater and greater misery on Earth for all.
    yeah -you gotta wonder about the info leaked to the public.

I too have worried myself absolutely sick over just the thought of this happening. That is why I have put my life on "hold" and suggest all others do the same.

Can you buy FEMA Insurance in Tok? Does the CIA have operatives working on the impending disaster?

This type of propaganda is rampant throughout the great "thinkers" of our society. There are "thinkers" and there are "doers". Your choice of what you want to do with your life.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mwalker View Post
    ......They say as early as 2013 we may have an ice free Arctic......Any thoughts on this?......
    Time to start stocking salmon and trout fry in North Slope river drainages?

When the CIA sells you lemons, make lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by mwalker View Post
    yeah -you gotta wonder about the info leaked to the public.

Disinformation:

Deliberately misleading information announced publicly or leaked by a government or especially by an intelligence agency in order to influence public opinion or the government in another nation.

You can darn well bet, if there was a bit of truth to this or any other catostrophic event, it wouldn't be released to the public. The CIA and NIC would be using this info to their benefit.

Tok is at 1600 ft. If they get wet from the melting ice cap then 75% of the lower 48 is in REAL trouble.

With all the "GW" stuff that the good old ADN prints this article baffeled me:

US lags in icebreaker race to explore Arctic resources

The competition is heating up because of global warming
    Unless you were right on the shore of a river you are unlikely to see any major flooding problems. I know some people in the little su area have had flooding. Don't buy sight un seen under any circumstances but ultimately... Get your cabin and enjoy it!