Thread: arrow building supplies

Default arrow building supplies

When I moved up here i brought my bow and a dozen arrows with me.Now due to losing a couple and my buddy shootin some in half with his Mathews ( he thought it was quite funny) I'm down to four shafts. I need some cedar blanks and left wing fletching jig,glue,and so on and such fourth.I shoot a #53 recurve with a 31" draw and normally shoot aroows spined for 55 or 60#s.I parted with all my arrow building stuff when I moved because of all things w/o the interweb I wasn't even sure AK had a bow season,smart move on my part huh.Anyways I was wondering if you guys knew where I could get this stuff or if anyone had old used stuff no longer needed I could buy,rent,borrow,or whatever.Thanks in advance.

Shop ebay. Might take a couple weeks to get everything, but it's there.

Go see Paul at the Archers Den in Eagle River, I believe he can get you set up. He deals with trad gear quite often.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Strait flight arrow talk to Brian he will hook you up. 337-6625

better yet try traditional archers of alaska. I'm sure you can find someone to loan you gear if you need it will trying to find your own. Or Russ Kuzinski or Martin Farris if Brian doesnt have the time.

Default where?

Thanks guys where are some of these shops at? I'm from a town of 1200 people with 1 stop light so even after living in anch for a couple of years I still have a little trouble with navigation,HAHA.

You'll have to look up Russ or Martin, both I believe live in eagle river. Have shot and talked quite a bit to Martin, have only chatted though quite lengthy at times with Russ..both great guys.

Brian lives by the theatre on muldoon. I'll get ya lost given directions from up here LOL (squarebanks) If you do see him, tell him hi, it's been awhile. Really havent done much with the southern group in a few years now.

ANother one to check out is Alaska Bowhunting Supply. Ed lives off the seward highway.

YOu should be able to find Ed online looking up ABS. If you can't find TAA (should have an add in traditional bowhunter magazine), I can get you info easy enough or talk to the ABA they should for certain have it.