Thread: First of the season

Default First of the season

here is the frist fox of the season for me after two weekends of dealing with my traps freezing and getting coverd up. i had miss alot of fox do to this problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pictures 08 010 (Custom).jpg   Pictures 08 012 (Custom).jpg  

nice fox i read somewhere (I think in the alaska trapper manual) if you use wax paper over your trap pan it wont get snow under the pan and freeze up

Cool! Congratulations! What a beautiful red!

Did you use a hole set? or....
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default Nice One!!!!!

One Fox Down!!!!

Nice! Good job!

Even with wax paper, the conditions of freeze/thaw are impossible to keep the trap working. Fox are too light footed to set the trap off if the snow on top has crusted hard.

Good job. So give us some details. Bait? Lure, Urine post set? Blind set on a trail. If bait what? If lure What lure if any were you using. Been seeing them at this same spot or same type of set? How many stepped on the pans while you were having the freeze up problem? Haven't connected with any fox yet. Got of to a late start, this weekend type of late start, already connected with a beaver overnight and I am sure there will be at least 3 more today.

Thumbs up Good job!!

Congrats. on the fox, he's a pretty one!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kusko View Post
    Nice! Good job!

Even with wax paper, the conditions of freeze/thaw are impossible to keep the trap working. Fox are too light footed to set the trap off if the snow on top has crusted hard.
    thanks for the info. very nice fox

Default Nice fox

May you have many more just like it this year. I love seeing a red in a foothold with fresh snow on the ground. Love it.

this fox was trap in a dirt hole set with some two year old freezer burnt meat that was tainted for three month and i used lobo for lure. I had 12 set out on my line mostly all dirt hole set . I had 1 urine post out it was the first time i had done one. it worked but the foxs foot got shoot out, it had step on the trap wrong. all of my set had fox at them but thay had either got snowed in or froze. I tried wax paper and moss at deferint sets, but I know what not to do now.

Default Sweet

Nice fox. Hope you get tons more and thanks for sharing.

thats a nice red