Thread: win 71 bolt peep

Question win 71 bolt peep

Hey friends, buddies and pals! (Right away, you're probably thinking that I want something, right?) I don't know how you guessed, but...yeah, you're right. I was just wondering if anyone out there, who has replaced the Win 71 bolt peep (98-A) with a scope, might want to part with the old, tired, and obsolete peep? Just curious, thanks.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Default You gotta be dreaming!

Try Gary Sellers down in TX. He specializes in sights and may have one laying around for $300 - $400 or more.

I can't think of an iron sight that is harder to find and more expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    Hey friends, buddies and pals! (Right away, you're probably thinking that I want something, right?) I don't know how you guessed, but...yeah, you're right. I was just wondering if anyone out there, who has replaced the Win 71 bolt peep (98-A) with a scope, might want to part with the old, tired, and obsolete peep? Just curious, thanks.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Talking dreamin you say?

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    Try Gary Sellers down in TX. He specializes in sights and may have one laying around for $300 - $400 or more.

I can't think of an iron sight that is harder to find and more expensive!
    Heck...it's way beyond dreaming. BUT, I know there are some out there as I was offered one today from a customer, and here comes the big but...he's willing to trade me one if I can come up with an original high buckhorn for an older Winchester lever. Problem is, I don't have one of those either. It's not that I really have to have one, but it would be nice, so in the meantime, I'll be patient and just keep on dreaming cause I know that sooner or later, someone will take pity on me and fork one over. Thanks.

Talking Scored!

Well, I finally scored on an original Win 71 bolt peep sight with aperture. I'll share the info if someone else is interested...just let me know.

Default Great Luck!

Sure - shoot me a PM - I'm interested.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Maydog View Post
    Well, I finally scored on an original Win 71 bolt peep sight with aperture. I'll share the info if someone else is interested...just let me know.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK