Thread: Value of Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum

Default Value of Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum

I ran across a 7 1/2" SS Ruger Redhawk in .44 Magnum the other day for $350 and would like to know if that is an average, good, too high etc. price for the gun. I appears to be in excellent condition. I don't normally fool with Rugers so I'm not up on prices for them.

While I'm a S&W man I though I might pick one up and see if I can determine why everyone is so excited about them. It appears to be kinda clunky to me and not well finished on the inside but them again it is considerably cheaper that a S&W 629. I have several of the older SA Rugers but they appear to be better finished inside the frame than the Redhawk.

Thanks in advance for the help
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

It seems like a good price as the new ones are pretty spendy. It would all depend on the condition of the gun.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

If it's in decent shape good deal if you don't want it pm location my son wants one really bad.Alex

Tom
    I have a used 5 and 1/2” Redhawk (blued) and I’m very happy with it. She shoots straight and handles hot loads. I have put more then 300 rounds of varying loads through it and have not experienced a single failure. I paid $350, but I also got two sets of fine wood grips, 2 speed loaders, 2 holsters (One leather shoulder holster) and 3 boxes of “heavy” custom hand loads.

If it were me I would offer him $300.

Default Heading north

The price you paid sounds like a good deal. I don't really need one - it just like something different that I hadn't messed with before. I really like my 629 much better for carrying and shooting - the RH is a heavy gun for the caliber. One in .45 LC would probably be more practical for Alaska as it could be loaded close to .454 level where the weight would be less of an issue for the power level.

Have you all made it up here yet? I'll try to give you a call over the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMac View Post
    Tom
    I have a used 5 and 1/2” Redhawk (blued) and I’m very happy with it. She shoots straight and handles hot loads. I have put more then 300 rounds of varying loads through it and have not experienced a single failure. I paid $350, but I also got two sets of fine wood grips, 2 speed loaders, 2 holsters (One leather shoulder holster) and 3 boxes of “heavy” custom hand loads.

If it were me I would offer him $300.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    The price you paid sounds like a good deal. I don't really need one - it just like something different that I hadn't messed with before. I really like my 629 much better for carrying and shooting - the RH is a heavy gun for the caliber. One in .45 LC would probably be more practical for Alaska as it could be loaded close to .454 level where the weight would be less of an issue for the power level.

Have you all made it up here yet? I'll try to give you a call over the holidays.
    That’s a good idea .45 LC is a nice round.

Nope not yet, were moving up the day after Christmas. Can’t wait! If I don’t talk to you have a good Thanksgiving!

James

You can check out gunbroker.com and that will tell you what they are going for. I would say you got a good deal!