Thread: New Regs?

Default New Regs?

Anyone know when the 09 Regs should be out?

Quote Originally Posted by In Exile View Post
    Anyone know when the 09 Regs should be out?

round about June 15th 09.

Thumbs up

Thanks

I hate waiting to make my plans but what a guy supposed to do.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by In Exile View Post
    Thanks

I hate waiting to make my plans but what a guy supposed to do.

Exile for the most part you can use the current regs for planning purposes. for the most part seasons do not change, and if there is a substantial change in requirements it will be highlighted as new in the book when it comes out..

the game management regulation year runs through July 1st -June 30 each year. it is important to double check antler requirements and such for each unit your hunting before you go. also to check for any emergency orders on that unit.

and my experience is that there is always a bunch of hub bub about a new reg before it hits the book... if your hunting in the interior the BOG is working on 2010. and contacting your advisory commission will let you know of any up and coming changes. you can bet my name is GOING to be attached to a few changes in the system this next year.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    . you can bet my name is GOING to be attached to a few changes in the system this next year.....
    Are you going to change the season back to end on the 25th in unit 16
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Are you going to change the season back to end on the 25th in unit 16

for what? there aren't any moose left there any way.. bears ate them all... so heres what i will do.... (how many point you got again?)... i will make it so that you can get not one but 2 big grizz out of parts of 16 this year... sound good? and oh... if you get a note from me you can hunt them over bait... ( cost extra though)
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

for what? there aren't any moose left there any way.. bears ate them all... so heres what i will do.... (how many point you got again?)... i will make it so that you can get not one but 2 big grizz out of parts of 16 this year... sound good? and oh... if you get a note from me you can hunt them over bait... ( cost extra though)
    What the heck can I do with another bear . I want to extended the season so I can exercise a week more chasing moose

We need to go to an "Earn a moose" in some units! With the Earn a buck programs down south where they have too many deer you have to kill two doe before you get a buck tag. Up here you would have to kill 1 griz or 2 blackies from the unit before you can get a moose tag.

Default Gret Idea

LuJon:

What a great idea - to kill a bear or two before you can get a moose tag.

While you are at it, find some way for non-residents to hunt griz at a price that doesn't break the bank account.

Default Board of Game

The Board of Game just made some significant changes for moose and black bear hunting in Southeast. I'm not sure if these adopted changes are on the FG web site or not. There are some other changes down there too for you to keep an eye on. I won't even try to explain them. Better to get it straight from the horses mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    We need to go to an "Earn a moose" in some units! With the Earn a buck programs down south where they have too many deer you have to kill two doe before you get a buck tag. Up here you would have to kill 1 griz or 2 blackies from the unit before you can get a moose tag.
    well i have been trying to push this reputation point system that we get fly in fishing and hunting trips for points earned... but so far it is not taking hold as well as i thought...

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    That's a great idea !!!!! I hope previous bear kills count

Make all grizzly hunts other than on Kodiak and the Alaska Penn. no guide required. That would help a lot.

Also going to one bear per year instead of one every four years in Unit 14B should have happened years ago.

Sorry for the highjack. I have to get as many posts and rep points as possible before the new forum opens up

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    LuJon:

What a great idea - to kill a bear or two before you can get a moose tag.

While you are at it, find some way for non-residents to hunt griz at a price that doesn't break the bank account.

I think a NON resident hunt is a great idea...

there are several outfits that do not live here that cause us all kinds of troubles... should be legal to hunt them...at least catch and release after deprograming...

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Also going to one bear per year instead of one every four years in Unit 14B should have happened years ago.
    I couldn't agree more.