Thread: New Top

Default New Top

I have a 16' Hewescraft that I use out of Seward and Deep Creek that I finally had to throw the soft top away on. Only a 5 year old top but I have been limping it thru for the last 2 seasons.

So the question is do any of you have a similiar size boat with a hard top? If so what is your take on it?

I know the soft top is cheaper but if its only going to last 5 years it would be worth it. Just not sure about the added weight or if it would make it top heavy.

Thx X

Default hardtop conversion

http://hewescraft.30.forumer.com/ind...?showtopic=146
    If this thread works it shows one of the nicer conversions I've seen

I put a hard top on my jet boat 2 years back and it was like getting a new boat. Wish I had done it 20 years ago. No regrets - My boat is a little bigger than what you are looking fat doing but I am sold. Designed what I wanted and took it to a local welder and never looked back. I was worried about the added weight as well but it hasn't been an issue yet.

I have a good idea of what I want to do.

I think I might go with a Hard Top and Soft Sides as opposed to putting in windows. I think that would be the best way to save on weight.

Raven
    Notice any problems with it making your boat top heavy or tipsy. I have a pretty wide beam for a 16' boat so I don't hink it will be a problem.

thanks for the responses guys.