Thread: Driving a truck through the ice on flat lake

Default Driving a truck through the ice on flat lake

It's never good to drive through channels as the water never freezes there. For that mater I would not drive on unfamiliar part of a lake. This person found out the hard way. http://www.flatlake.com/

well i got a truck to sell you...real cheap, just washed it out real good the other day....hahahaha

but seriously driving on the ice is nothing to joke about, better to be safe rather than sorry!!! that story could have been alot worse if the driver and or passenger couldn't have got out...

Default your cant fix????????

That is one of those Oh $%^& moments. I see there were 2 people in the truck. If it was a husband and wife i feel sooooooooooooo sorry for him. Not only did he have to hear it on the truck with no escape route, you know is not gonna let this one go for a long long time
    That had to be the longest rescue wait in the world listening to all that clucking
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

man that sucks, i dont like driving on the ice until theres about three feet.

Thumbs up

rule of thumb dont ever, ever drive acrossed the narrows on mud or flat lake even if there is 3' of ice the ice is always thin there take the road around them.