Thread: Buffalo Hunters Need A Course In Ethics

Default Buffalo Hunters Need A Course In Ethics

Well got back from a days calling and what would of been the de-virginising of my 22-250 was ruined by some stupid buffalo hunters who take no notion of my parked pick-up on the road next to the field i was calling in and what would of been a nice dark big 'ol boy was gone just like that. He was 400+ yds and I wasn't wanting to take a shot but then a second truck came barreling down the field i was in and spooked him good that time. I swear I hate buffalo hunters as well on my trapline on my parents farm. But the third set had me 2-3 dogs howling and barking back but wouldn't show themselves, they were out there a ways so i tried flanking them and got them talking to me again but still no show. So tomorrow I will try to go from virgin status to killing machine. Heres my baby

mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 22-250.jpg  

Unhappy All buff hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeGSP View Post
    I swear I hate buffalo hunters as well on my trapline on my parents farm.
    mike

I completely understand your frustration. Please don't group people together. As hunters, trappers, etc........ Our own contempt for each other does good for no one except our common enemies. The "ANTI's". I am sure there are good buff hunters that have had run-ins with bad people of what ever other outdoor sport you can name. Your story I dont mind reading. Can we isolate it to those people; not ALL.?!

Good luck next time and post pics if you make contact.

Yeah i hear ya, what i was aiming for was those of whom take up the outdoors with little to no common sense. it's just been years of this going on with my trapline on my parents farm and having to deal with the those kind of people. A few years ago i had some hunters thinking they were doing me a favor by dispatching a fox in a leghold for me with a .30 cal riffle and took the head off for me, i know there are those out there don't have common sense and respect for others and wishing there were more out there for like you say the sport for which we all take pride in is looked poorly down on by those who lack otherwise.

mike