Thread: predator hunting in alaska

Default predator hunting in alaska

Just wanted to get an idea of what works best for calling in predators around pressured areas and non pressured areas. for i.e. what sounds for different animals, baits or whatever little tricks their might be. i have done some calling but with no luck. thanks

The little cheap doe bleats work good at times.Durning the first few months after fawning many crittlers think the bleating is mom looking for her fawn,of course sometimes a bear thinks the same thing so keep a good watch 360.

Talking also interested

i've called in the interior quite a bit, with a rabbit distress i've had fox come in quick but i've been trying to get a wolf to respond with no luck.

i have a buddy that claims to have called in wolves on a few occasions with a very long session of calling so i guess it could be done

would love to know of anyone that may be good enough at it and willing to share info...

Theres a forum just a notch or two below this that specializes in predator hunting this thread might be better off there... I'll see if it cant get moved...

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    Theres a forum just a notch or two below this that specializes in predator hunting this thread might be better off there... I'll see if it cant get moved...
    The predator/trapping forum is a "member" only forum. YaakMT is still a "new member" so he may need a few more posts and time before he gains access to it.

Default read this book-

The book is called "hunting the hunters" by a fella named Rick Kinmon. Excellent book, and this guy has taken more fur animals than I have ever heard of, and a heck of a nice guy to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by aknewbie View Post
    The book is called "hunting the hunters" by a fella named Rick Kinmon. Excellent book, and this guy has taken more fur animals than I have ever heard of, and a heck of a nice guy to boot.
    Great reccommendation! I have read this book and found it both interesting and educational. The best part is you can get it from the AOD book store!

You can order it at this link:
    http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...ing+the+hunter

Default thanks

thanks a lot guys for the advice. i will have to look at getting this book. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    The predator/trapping forum is a "member" only forum. YaakMT is still a "new member" so he may need a few more posts and time before he gains access to it.
    see /... I learn something new everyday... cool ....rep to you lujon for learning me a thing or two..

sry nvrm have to spread it around more..lol sry..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.